Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: We get a lot...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:34 pm 

1/22/10

We get a lot of letters asking about the remaining quantities of BACK TO THE FUTURE.

We originally negotiated a special arrangement with the union to allow 10,000 pressings so we could get copies into as many hands as possible. Happily, the union has now become extremely helpful in making arrangements like this, enabling releases of all manner of previously unobtainable soundtracks. Regarding BACK TO THE FUTURE, I'm happy to say we've sold just under 6000 copies to date.

Normally I wouldn't discourage sales on an Intrada release (perish the thought) but, just the same, here's a good time for collectors still thinking about BACK TO THE FUTURE to take note. We should have copies around for while. Assuming you need to stretch your budget (like most of us), use this window to chase down some of those other goodies out there... like that magnificent early Trevor Jones score for NATE AND HAYES, or the massive Miklos Rozsa box set from Film Score Monthly, or... well, face it. There're lots of goodies out there!

One of those goodies was THE BLUE MAX. Given the multiple versions released over the last forty-plus years, we certainly had some discussions over the viability of yet another one, even an improved one. Mostly, it was a major challenge to obtain licensing from all the parties still involved, especially since the Sony release was still readily available. But everyone finally jumped on board and made it happen, to which I am very grateful. And I'm especially grateful to all of you who plunked down yet another twenty bucks on a score you no doubt had already spent a small fortune on over the years!