[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Intrada Announces Richard Band's GHOST WARRIOR

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Intrada Announces Richard Band's GHOST WARRIOR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:14 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

GHOST WARRIOR

Composed by RICHARD BAND
Conducted by SHIRLEY WALKER
ROYAL PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA
INTRADA Signature Edition ISE 1025

The 1986 Empire science-fiction film Ghost Warrior tells the tale of Yoshimitsu (Hiroshi Fujioka), a master of Japan’s 16th Century fighting arts. The film opens in battle, where Yoshi is protecting his beloved Chidori (Mieko Kobayashi) from a band of marauders. In the ensuing battle, Yoshi is separated from his love and suddenly frozen in an icy river. Flash forward to the 1980s. A pair of wayward skiers discover the ancient warrior’s preserved form, and it is brought to Los Angeles where Dr.Alan Richards (John Calvin) successfully revives the samurai. While the doctor makes plans to capitalize upon his fantastic achievement, Yoshi sets off on a quest to find his beloved. He has vanquished enemies from a distant time—but can he prevail on the streets of the future?

Richard Band's score is immediately beautiful, capturing not only the sadness of a lost love, but the yearning to make sense of one lost in time. While a fully orchestral score, the 16th-century scenes and flashbacks contain a flavorful, ethnic aura. "While I have always enjoyed traditional Japanese music, when I was presented with the scoring assignment for Ghost Warrior I felt the need to add something unique for the sequences set in the past," says Richard Band. Modeled after the unique style of and using the percussive instruments designed by American composer Harry Parch, Band recorded some 80 of Parch's instruments along with some traditional Japanese flutes for the score. These sessions were then added to a separate recording made in London with the Royal Philharminoc Orchestra at Olympic Studios under the baton of Shirley Walker. "Looking back, I believe it added a unique ingredient to what would turn out to be one of my favorite scores—and one which, 22 years later, I am proud to finally be able to share with my fans and the whole world."

This release is limited to 1000 units.

INTRADA Signature Editions ISE 1025
Retail Price: $19.99
IN STOCK NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.5890/.f

Post subject: Sold Out?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:17 pm 

It says sold out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:18 pm 

Uh...it says SOLD OUT...????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:18 pm 

LOOOOL fastest sale in history!!!! :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:19 pm 

Darn, that's hyper-fast: it sold out before it was even released!
:lol:
:?
The samples sound great so far (second one playing right now).
I hope this can be fixed just as fast, otherwise it will truly sell out during the night here. :(

Last edited by Olivier on Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:

Post subject:

Post subject:

Post subject:

Post subject:

Last edited by Freejack on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:20 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:20 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:01 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:07 pm 

The site (forum & store) is back online!
I ordered through another of Intrada's addresses in the meantime ( http://store.intrada.com/ ), as detailed on FSM's board.

I had only been able to play the first two samples from Richard Band's score, and had lvoed them, so I ordered it along with Goldsmith's.
I am playing the other samples right now and am loving them too. :D

It was a bit scary, as it's 3:04am here now, as the prospect of staying up all night to be sure I would not miss out on the Band CD did not exactly thrill me.
Fortunately, I was able to place my order through the other address, and immediately received my confirmation e-mail-- and the order appears in my account; now I can go to sleep without any worries.

In the end, we did get Gremlins tonight-- only not on CD but in the server!
;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:09 pm 

well the clips sold me on Ghost Wariror. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next