[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - The Future of this forum

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: The Future of this forum
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:06 pm 

Hi everyone, just a heads up that this forum may be going away in a few months. The Intrada Soundtrack Club over on Facebook has over twice the number of members and is much more active in discussion. Not imminent, but wanted to give you all a heads up. Seems to make sense to focus on just one forum vs. two, especially since this one is generally pretty quiet.

Post subject: Re: The Future of this forum
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:56 pm 

ARRRGH!!!!! NOOOO!!!!! I don't "do" facebook, and this is the ONLY filmmusic forum where civility and decorum still exist! I mean, I'll understand if this forum is actually costing Intrada money to run(Sorry... I don't know how these things work), but I hope that y'all will change your miinds about doing away with this forum.... I love it! (Puppy eyes!)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:49 am 

Wow,
All good things…

See everyone on FB!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:17 am 

I never understood how people could prefer the unorginized mess of Facebook, to a nice organized forum where you can actually find every new post without consistently checking and scrolling past ones you've seen....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:26 am 

Oh, no!!! I do not use Facebook (and I won't use it). It's a pity, because Intrada's is the only Soundtrack Forum I use to visit, and where I feel comfortable enough to leave some comments regularly. The thread on "Holy Grail Make Your Own Cover" was the one where I was most active. Once more, Facebook wins.

Sad news for me. I suppose this is a goodbye :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:59 am 

HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Please don't deactivate the forum. I don't want to be a member of the stupid Zuckerberg snooper programme.
Other option comes in my mind suddenly: put it somehow together with the FSM-board. Don't ask me how... I'm Fred Flintstone concerning internet.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:47 am 

Adding my voice of FU FB, RIP INT.

Shame it is so quiet here and Mos Eisley captures, I'm assuming (JWFan?) the most (and seemingly most toxic) traffic.

Oh,,well, vaya con Dios!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:33 pm 

Sayonora, pals. I'd rather eat a bucket full of beetles than join Facebook.

Thankfully, good music speaks for itself.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:50 am 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:09 am 

Well, at least we can still email Jeff and annoy the hell out of him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:31 am 

I really HOPE NOT !!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Because as so many others already had written here: I am NOT doing Facebook and will NEVER do it either!!!
So please reconsider this thought.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:36 am 

I'm not on Facebook and I'm not planning to. This would be very sad not to be able to follow Intrada's community anymore... But if it's an economic decision, I can understand.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:27 am 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:16 am 

I reckon it's an aggressive anti-spam measure that's gone awry.

There will be a point when nobody will want to put anything online anyway, as all of the large companies responsible for the backbone of the internet are getting breached by bad actors and will continue to get outsmarted. The recent Twilio hack is the beginning of a terrible future. In the case of Facebook, the bad actors are the people operating the company.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:06 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next