[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Next Intrada Release

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Next Intrada Release
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:00 am 

The release that was supposed to be out this week was delayed at the plant, so it will be paired with the release that was already scheduled in a couple of weeks. But in the meantime I figure I could tell you what it is! Here's the podcast that goes with it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6mqt4s8b3ycsv ... t.mp3?dl=0 Obviously ignore my comment about it being available this Tuesday. Of course someone will miss this and try to order it Tuesday.

Post subject: Re: Next Intrada Release
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:05 am 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:10 am 

I skipped this picture, both back when it was released and ever after, because it seemed too likely to have deserved its reputation as a creative disaster. A few times I was tempted as a John Barry fan to give the movie a try anyway; but my understanding that much of his score had been tampered with or replaced usually made me decide (again) to skip it for my own good.

But I'm so glad I waited around on Earth long enough in the interim, because Doug's pocket/podcast history of the unexpected scale of Barry's material for HOWARD THE DUCK makes it sound spectacular! Separate aggressive action, film noir, and OUT OF AFRICA-ish aspects were never what I assumed he would have written for what I assumed this movie was ... but guys, I'm now sold on this one! Thanks much for all the struggle that must have gone into licensing, compiling, producing, and delivering THIS triple-disc bonanza.

Yeah -- even if it means I'll end up sitting through this movie on video now, after all!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:47 am 

Hot dog! At last! Including seemingly everything!
Movie is terrible, but entertaining as hell in a weird way, I watched the blu just last week! A release to quack about! Bravo Intrada!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:05 am 

That's awesome! Can't wait to get this!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:33 am 

Finally!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:51 am 

The licensing on this must've been crazy complicated, with the Dolby and Levay stuff, existing album rights, and Marvel/Universal/Lucasfilm all being involved in the film! Kudos to Intrada for the work on this... is it the first time a specialty label has ever expanded a Lucasfilm property?

Yavar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:57 am 

Wow! Wow!! WOW!!! Thank you! Thank you!! THANK YOU!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:41 am 

Terrific news you guy's!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:20 pm 

What a fantastic release! Congratulations on getting this out on the market at last; I'll be grabbing it one for sure.

By the way, I'm loving these podcasts, as well. I hope these can continue.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:20 pm 

A dream come true!!

HOWARD is one of those so bad it’s good films, yet it’s not horrible and has great SFX with an epic 100 minutes of Barry. Now, I’m not a huge fan of this film, but I did enjoy it when HBO & Cinemax played it repeatedly. It’s just vintage 80s goodness.

Bravo,
Intrada

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:37 pm 

So ok I was wrong about the next score possibly being a Goldsmith, but looks like that Howard The Duck was the next Barry score after all. And I think the way that Intrada are previewing upcoming releases is pretty cool.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:49 pm 

So excited for this one. Thanks Intrada!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:37 am 

The Black Hole, The Last Valley, Mary Queen of Scots and now Howard The Duck!

A thousand thanks!!! :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:25 am 

So is this the multi-disc set that is "practically a world premiere" mentioned by Doug in a recent update?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next