[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Which Elmer Bernstein Album Do You Want Most?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

Which Elmer Bernstein Album Do You Want Most?
Captains and the Kings 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Ellery Queen 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The Rookies 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Bloodbrothers 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
The Amazing Mr. Blunden 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Funny Farm 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Nightmare Honeymoon 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The Trial of Billy Jack 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Other (mention in thread) 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: Which Elmer Bernstein Album Do You Want Most?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:14 am 
Another favorite composer among our community that Intrada has done right by.

Post subject: Re: Which Elmer Bernstein Album Do You Want Most?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:19 am 

I voted for The Amazing Mr. Blunden because I've heard great things about it.

That said, I might get even more excited if some of his other late rejected scores were released. His unused Scarlet Letter score is one of my favorite works of his. And, if the wonderful excerpt I heard conducted live by Peter Bernstein at USC is any indication, I might love his unused score for A River Runs Through It just as much...how about a pairing with an expanded edition of Mark Isham's lovely music, a two disc set along the lines of The River Wild, eh Intrada?

Another I've heard none of but am desperately curious about is his final unused score, Rat Race. The lost final Zucker collaboration! Would be amazing if it got released along with John Powell's score in expanded form. The Powell score is long out of print and I love his work too.

Also, I'm REALLY looking forward to LLL's upcoming release of Devil in a Blue Dress. To be honest there are lots and lots of completely unreleased Elmer gems out there, and I really hope the labels get around to releasing them despite the fact The he doesn't sell as well as Goldsmith, Williams, or Horner. And some of them are Disney-controlled (like the Touchstone film directed by Leonard Nimoy, The Good Mother) so only Intrada would do them. Help us, Roger-Wan Kenobi...

Yavar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:27 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:57 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:30 pm 

Missed this revelatory thread at FSM then, I guess?
"We have been working on Devil for about 6 years. Looks like things are finally starting to fall into place for a 2018 release.
MV"

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/ ... &archive=0

Yavar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:26 pm 
Well, since it is very much up their alley, I sure hope LLL has Funny Farm in their sights as well. The music and composer should easily overcome buyers' odd aversion to the comedy genre.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:44 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
Listened to LAST MAN STANDING by Elmer Bernstein on Sunday... one of my favorite Bernstein scores in his later period, sure packs a punch.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:23 am 

I would love a complete score release of DEVIL IN BLUE DRESS (1995) and a reissue of GHOSTBUSTERS.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:16 pm 

I would also add Men of the Dragon, a tv movie from 1974, made around the time of the Kung-Fu craze.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:12 am 

The Amazing Mr. Blunden has been brought to us. Hopefully more Elmer is on the way.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:14 pm 

Funny Farm.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 2:12 pm 

The Chosen

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]