[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Miklos Rozsa's THE RED HOUSE

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Miklos Rozsa's THE RED HOUSE
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:15 pm 

HELL of a score. Just tremendous as I listen again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:56 am 

I have a question regarding the album; on the back, the two tracks "Pete Threatens Meg" and "Meeting in the Woods" are in different orders in the booklet than on the album itself. In the booklet it has "Meeting in the Woods" before "Pete Threatens Meg". Can someone please explain to me if this was an error in the production, or is it something else entirely? Thank you

-Chris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:45 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
This is a wonderful recording... and a wonderful score. I almost missed that Intrada had a new recording done and I am very glad I picked this one up just recently.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:35 am 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:09 am 

Can anyone tell me the total time for the Intrada release of The Red House? The 'time' entry is blank on the product page.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:32 pm 

My rip adds up to 1:21:56....which is actually enough to fit on a single CD (I have two or three that are longer).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:41 pm 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
While it is possible to fit more than 80 minutes of music on a single audio CD, it will no longer adhere to the red book specifications. So a 2-CD set makes perfect sense for this length.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:54 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:54 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:15 pm 

Wow, this score really surprised me. I could barely hear the the music in the film and so was looking forward to the cdd. I started out a little bored with the score once I heard it here, because the bucolic writing is a little repetitive.

But once the action turns dramatic, Rozsa really starts to develop the material. He even surprised me a little with some of the sounds he creates. CD 2 is definitely an attention-getter!

Thanks, Intrada, for doing all the work to make this score available to us!

"Ask [the director] where the camera comes from and I'll tell him where the music comes from" (David Raksin)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:16 pm 

"Ask [the director] where the camera comes from and I'll tell him where the music comes from" (David Raksin)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:05 pm 

Good grief, 6 years later & I'm boosting this one again!?! In response to Roger's name drop at the Kickstarter Tiomkin Dial M page, revisiting The Red House tonight & it is still
an excellent work, this Rozsa, impressionist bliss.
Excited for the Tiomkin - the most expensive blind buy I've ever made!

Good luck Intrada - we're all counting on you!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:24 am 

Tthe Red Book standard definitely does NOT cover CDs of more than 80 minutes in lenght (used to be 74 minutes, but I think it is longer nowadays, but not over 80 minutes). So Intrada was right to release this on 2CDs, but I don't even see why this should be an issue for anybody? Well, anyway, now that I see this thread...

THE RED HOUSE is a wonderful release. I have never seen the movie, nor ever heard of this score before this recording came out. I bought it simply because it was Rózsa, and if Intrada recorded it, it should be worthwhile (I think I have all, or at the very least almost all of Intrada's re-recordings). Great stuff, Rózsa is here way more impressionist than he normally is. Has become one of my favorite Rózsa recordings.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3