[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - THE LAND BEFORE TIME-James Horner

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: THE LAND BEFORE TIME-James Horner
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:06 pm 

I'd love an expanded, remastered album, it's great music! I love Horner.

Post subject: Re: THE LAND BEFORE TIME-James Horner
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:22 pm 

I have always found James Horner's work in animation to be just marvelous. I have always been partial to the original THE LAND BEFORE TIME (and try to forget the forty million dreadful direct to video sequels) both in terms of it's storytelling and it's score.
An expanded release would be most welcome. Horner's work in animation (to me) always brought the best out of him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:03 pm 
Count me in as someone who would like a release of the complete score. I wouldn't mind not getting the Horner/Jennings song performed by Diana Ross if it helps with licensing costs.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:23 am 

Fourth'd (?). The music for the final scene gets this troper bleary-eyed every time without fail, and this from a man who has made it through many so-called 'weepies' without even the slightest threat of tears. I just hope if it is expanded and re-released each and every track won't be as biblically long as the original album's.

Easily one of my most wanted releases, right up there with The Lion King and Gremlins.

Flight of the Navigator (Silvestri)
Digimon: The Movie (Harpaz, Plessner, Levy)
The Crystal Maze (Lawrence)
Blackadder: Back and Forth (Goodall)
Dune (Toto)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:45 am 

Fifth in the list. I remember going to see Land Before Time in the cinema when I was seven. To this day, I get misty eyed listening to Littlefoot talking to his mother for the last time and Horner's music is not helping to alleviate matters!

Absolutely, I'd love to hear this!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:21 pm 

Isn't this the one Don Davis ghostwrote large parts of? If Horner considers that a "bad time", I think we wouldn't get this one either. Yes, yes, having millions of dollars and being famous isn't enough, gotta also deny fans something you don't even have to be a part of.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:37 pm 

Sign me up for Land Before Time, but leave the program as it was on the original album. Remastered with bonus tracks? Oh, yeah!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:48 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:24 pm 

Indeed, considering it was written by Horner and the main theme of the score, not including it would be pretty bad. Putting it in correct sequence would be good, though...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:48 pm 

Yes, please!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:50 pm 

I'd buy this too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:06 pm 

Absolutely!! I am down with an expanded/remastered release for this beautiful Horner score. To this day it still remains my all-time favorite score by James and my favorite Don Bluth film. Intrada, please talk with Universal to make this a reality.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:11 pm 

Roger has already specifically mentioned that this is on their wish list from the label/studio, and that it should happen sooner or later. I'll definitely be there when it does come out!

Interestingly though, there is actually only one unreleased cue (although a somewhat lengthy one) as far as I can tell -- I believe it starts over the introduction of Spike (it plays over it, at least). But I'd be happy to get that in there, the song moved to the end of the program, and some great liner notes!

I'd actually get even more excited for a complete release of Balto -- there are several excellent cues missing, totaling around 15 minutes or so.

Yavar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:58 pm 
I changed my mind on this one, mostly because Universal and UMG are apparently licensing at an even slower pace. Now I would much rather have premieres from the studio than slight expansions, but unfortunately those slight expansions seem to sell a lot better. And let's face it, almost all of these Horner albums are already lengthy with dynamic (turn the volume knob up to reap the benefits!) and clear sound.

For interested Horner fans without the original albums of generous length, the following Horner at Universal scores are available for cheap as lossless downloads:

The Land Before Time -

Balto -

Batteries Not Included -

An American Tail -

An American Tail: Fievel Goes West -

We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story -

Casper -