[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - The Essential Night Gallery Scores

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Essential Night Gallery Scores
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:18 pm 
Let's say that we live in a somewhat ideal world where much of the Night Gallery scores exist in good quality sound, and a record label wants to release a 2-disc album consisting of the most interesting segment scores that also do well in capturing the variety of the series' musical expression. With that in mind, my recommendations are the following:

Pilot (Billy Goldenberg)
House With Ghost (Gil Mellé)
The Dead Man (Robert Prince)
A Question of Fear (Paul Glass)
The Phantom Farmhouse (Oliver Nelson)
Green Fingers (Oliver Nelson)
Midnight Never Ends (Oliver Nelson)
The Dark Boy (Ed Sauter)
The Ghost of Sorworth Place (from the score to “Dark Intruder”) (Lalo Schifrin)

Post subject: Re: The Essential Night Gallery Scores
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:31 am 

I'd have to revisit those episodes, but are they all original compositions? I know I liked alot of the music when it was re-used.
So along with this and the Essential Columbo, how about an Essential Name Of The Game? Or is that a bridge too far?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:23 am 

I'd certainly second a set (or five) of THE NAME OF THE GAME for some choice examples of, primarily, Dave Grusin and Billy Goldenberg, but also Dominic Frontiere, Oliver Nelson, Benny Carter, Pat Williams, Ralph Burns, Robert Prince, Leonard Rosenman (really???), Michel Colombier, and Ralph Ferraro.

I salivate at the thought.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:14 pm 
There are lots of less popular TV scores that I would like, but these days my wishes are perhaps best kept focused on series with decent marketability.

Night Gallery for horror, Columbo for suspense, The Six Million Dollar Man for action, and The A-Team for pure adrenaline. Magnum P.I. and Quantum Leap are the wildcards.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:26 pm 

Night Gallery is what us little punks waited for on Wednesday nights, next day we'd talk about the previous nights episode at school.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:25 pm 

Just shows how out of touch I am with all you guys. If I could make absolutely any TV soundtrack appear right now? Yep. It'd be Owen Marshall, Counselor At Law. Elmer Bernstein for the un-initiated. Each episode only boasted a few minutes of original scoring so it's not something most folks would jump at. But I would... even as I watched my label go belly up from the choice.
--Doug :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:25 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:18 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:38 am 
Creature Features is doing a Night Gallery retrospective next month. Hopefully there's an album to coincide with it.

I was extremely disappointed to find out that there was no Frankenstein: The True Story album to go with the event Creature Features held for the film and score months ago.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:10 pm 

Speaking of OWEN MARSHALL, here's a lovely little cue by Lyn Murray which was probably just a bridge. The rest of the episode score was okay.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:48 pm 
Some of the less-discussed faves:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:19 pm 

Silent Snow
Paul Glass

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/4189-THE-BEST-SOUNDTRACKS-OF-THE-DECADE.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujMSjXiRpOI

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:36 pm 

There's an awesome Night Gallery art book offered by Creature Features on Kickstarter. We've already reached the goal. Now we just need the music.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]