Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SUNCHASER by Maurice Jarre
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:15 pm 

While it seems that a 17 minute program of this score has been released on the 2011 Milan disc documenting Jarre's London Concert, is there any more music to be released? I've never seen the movie so can't comment on those grounds.

Post subject: Re: SUNCHASER by Maurice Jarre
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 pm 

Film is....watchable, if you're a Jarre lunatic, like me. It's not a very memorable film, but worth a view to hear the other 40 odd unreleased minutes of his excellent Copland-esque scoring.
It's a strong work and despite the suite capturing highlights, I'd love a closer look at the whole thing. Jarre certainly enhanced the picture, which is rather awkward and not very epic, with some epic scoring, only subtle electronic touches as well.

-Sean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:46 pm 

[quote="GoblinScore"]Film is....watchable, if you're a Jarre lunatic, like me. It's not a very memorable film, but worth a view to hear the other 40 odd unreleased minutes of his excellent Copland-esque scoring.
It's a strong work and despite the suite capturing highlights, I'd love a closer look at the whole thing. Jarre certainly enhanced the picture, which is rather awkward and not very epic, with some epic scoring, only subtle electronic touches as well."

I'm intrigued by the movie as well, especially as it was the final directorial effort of Michael Cimino (who died last year). However the DVD is not inexpensive and fairly hard to find. But then I haven't seen several other movies scored by Jarre (including THE SETTING SUN and THE PALANQUIN OF TEARS).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:54 pm 

I too can't find Palonquin....Setting Sun is Terrible, but now that we have the terrific Intrada cd, avoid!
I rented Sunchaser via Netflix disc (!?) years ago, didn't realize it was a rare film now. Good luck!