[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Is this a CD or a CDR?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Is this a CD or a CDR?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:43 am 

I've just purchased a copy of Intrada's Fright Night CD for a reasonable price. As this title is sold out and usually goes for $40-$50 on eBay, I want to make sure this is a genuine CD and not a CDR... on the inner ring it says 'MVI4546' and 'DISCMAKERS'. Can someone check their own CD to see if it has the same? The liner notes and insert look genuine, but I've always found it hard to tell the difference between CDs and CDRs.

Last edited by litefoot on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Is this a CD or a CDR?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:55 pm 

That looks like a pressed CD to me. It doesn't even seem to have 'burn marks' (i.e. the obvious spot the music stops) which even many pressed CDs also have, plus it has those barcode-like marks on the inner ring, CDRs don't tend to have those either.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:31 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:43 am 

I bought my copy of Fright Night directly from Intrada when it was released and the markings 'MVI4546' and 'DISCMAKERS' is on mine too but the White rings on my disc are different than in your picture.

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:08 am 

Can't explain that, but I'm not too concerned. Probably just different CD stock used during manufacture? Thank you though!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:03 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:20 pm 

DiscMakers is indeed where we manufacture a lot of our discs, so I'm pretty sure it's legit. :)

"To all who come to this happy place; welcome."
"I'm your huckleberry."
"Well what you plan and what takes place ain't never been exactly similar."
"Pootingineous!"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:47 pm 

I feel the disc itself feels sturdy by slightly bending it when holding it from center ring it's a good sign its real. There are many COUNTERFEIT reproductions of CDs out there but the discs tend to feel a bit more flimsy for the most part and the back of the CD will look very real usually with the same inner ring markings as the real disc but usually the disc will have a more slight green tinged look to it when u compare it to say other CDs from the same label.

I only mention the above because I've been trying to recollect many Wendy Carlos remastered CDs from East Side Digital and the amount of counterfeit discs of hers out there on Amazon and eBay is sickening! Down to an anti theft strip and they are still fake. Esp when a specific seller has multiple sealed copies NO THANKS. I even contacted Wendy Carlos' site and they even responded I sent them many images of the discs etc and they shut down a few sellers on Amazon but sadly many still claim to have sealed copies for approx 25.00 which just screams fake.

But that Fright Night looks legit to me. :-)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:10 am 

Thank you, all! :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:18 am 

Hello,

I bought a "fright Night" cd from a seller on Amazon (United Kingdom). I have an original cd I bought from Intrada but I ended up scratching it, so I bought the one from Amazon to replace it.

The one from Intrada has the wide white ring in the center, the Amazon seller's cd has the thin line.

The thing that makes me think the Amazon is a fake is the other side of the disc. The Amazon cd is a fuzzy pale black color and the Intrada original is a glossy dark black color. The front and back covers also differ a little in their shades of blue.

Hope you didn't buy from the same seller.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:55 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]