[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Bruce Broughton's BABY'S DAY OUT

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Bruce Broughton's BABY'S DAY OUT
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:06 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

BABY'S DAY OUT
Composed and Conducted by BRUCE BROUGHTON
INTRADA Special Collection 377

Bruce Broughton's 1994 score for 20th Century Fox's Baby’s Day Out is a largely comic triumph of underscoring, elaborating on acres of humorous action sequences and leading into emotional directions when required. A favorite of the composer, however slapstick the action, Broughton’s music is unfailingly elegant, never talking down musically. At times eye-winking, tongue-in-cheek, sometimes sweetly thematic, often adventurous and with a joyous spirit that will bring a smile to any listener, the score is a major Broughton work.

Originally released as a promotional album featuring 39 minutes of highlights, this premiere commercial release features 80 minutes of music -- a running time that is 20 minutes short of the entire film's running time. The film is nearly wall-to-wall music, and this release is assembled and mastered under the composer's supervision from the digital two-track scoring session mixes made by Armin Steiner at Twentieth Century Fox Studios in May and June of 1994.

The film beings with a heinous if comically staged crime: the kidnapping of wealthy Bennington Austin “Bink” Cotwell IV, whose parents (Lara Flynn Boyle and Matthew Glave) set the runaway train of events in motion by deciding to have their precious offspring photographed for the local society pages. The “photographers” turn out to be a trio of bank robbers-turned-baby snatchers: three stooges called Eddie (Joe Mantegna), Norby (Joe Pantoliano) and Veeko (Brian Haley). Little do these dopes know what they’re in for: falling off roofs, hanging from towering construction sites, being mauled by great apes, pants literally set on fire. Don't mess with Bink.

INTRADA Special Collection 377
Barcode: 7 20258 53772 0
Retail Price: $21.99
SHIPPING NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit:
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.10780/.f
http://www.intrada.com

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Bruce Broughton's BABY'S DAY OUT
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:52 pm 

FWIW there's a typo in the description, it says " May & June 1984", not 1994.

But yeah, loving these samples. Broughton doing what he does best, obvious purchase for me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:22 pm 

Been looking forward to this one for a while. My first Intrada purchase of 2017!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:58 am 

An instant order! Great score by BB, one of his best!

Thanks guys for getting this one out to us.

It is a real gem!:-)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:32 am 

It is so great to see Intrada expanding so many Broughton scores to complete (or near complete) form. Really appreciate this, The Rescuers Down Under, Homeward Bound and its sequel, Lost in Space, and Young Sherlock Holmes, not to mention all of their Broughton premieres! I suspect we'll also before long be getting a complete Honey I Blew Up the Kid since that is another Disney title.

If I may wish aloud for a couple Broughton expansions: I greatly treasure Intrada's releases of both Shadow Conspiracy (I like the action music and dark brass main theme maybe even better than Tombstone, which he wrote for the same director) and Carried Away (maybe his most lovely and underrated score, a complete masterpiece). If any other material exists to add to those, I would be there in an instant.

Yavar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:06 pm 

Fantastic release, wonderful score! I know I really love Broughton's work, but trust me: BABY'S DAY OUT is one of his very finest achievements ever, along with YSH, Silverado, Tombstone and Lost in Space! :D

Thank you so much to the gentlemen who supervised the production: Broughton, Fake and Redman.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:45 am 

An excellent and most awaited release from Intrada. And also very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to BRUCE BROUGHTON today!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:59 am 

got mine today

thanks to all involved, one of my fav Broughtons and glad to add it next to my promo treasasure i got years ago from intrada, this was my very first direct order back than and... it got lost :), but the folks of intrada replaced it (but unfortunatley the goldsmith tribute cd were lost too and could not be replaced)

fine to get the "Baby's Day out " in complete form.. and avaliable to all interested - a must have and a fun ride!

a short question,
on track 7 -Changing Bink at 0:29 beginning is a kind of electronic "blubbering" for 20 sec., sounds very strange , is it normal ?

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:51 am 

can anyone check my question about the sound issue please?

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:02 pm 

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:18 am 

Hi Doug

thanks for the info

as this score is one of my favorites from Bruce, i want to be on the "safe site" with limited cds :)
and do not want to find out later, when its unavailble, that it has was defective in some kind.
I mostly hear thru headphones with good equipment and it sounds really strange :)

Andreas

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]