Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CHAPLIN by John Barry [Expanded?]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:21 pm 

Though the original 1992 Sony soundtrack album was a quite comprehensive survey of the score, there are a number of (albeit brief) cues which didn't make it on this release, with material which doesn't already appear in any form on the original edition. Apart from that a remastering would be very welcome. And who knows, there may be further alternate and/or unused tracks which would further add lustre to a new edition!

Post subject: Re: CHAPLIN by John Barry [Expanded?]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:29 pm 

This is a great score and I'd love to see a remastered edition of this.

Post subject: Re: CHAPLIN by John Barry [Expanded?]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:08 pm 

It's such a sweet delight to have one's suggestions actually materialize. Having seen the DVD of CHAPLIN recently, I can now pinpoint the cues missing from the old Sony album (and, without seeing the track listings of the Expanded Edition, I expect there'll be a fair amount of source music not composed by Barry). It would be vain to indicate that my entries in Intrada's Suggestion Box actually directly result in releases, but who knows? A fair number of my Suggestions have actually been released on CD. This would validate the importance of contributing to this Forum. Of my suggestions which have so far failed to appear on CD, I think the ones which I would crave most have all previously appeared on LP. (They are the Miklos Rozsa anthology recorded for Deutsche Grammophon in several volumes in the 1970's, Maurice Jarre's GREAT EXPECTATIONS and Richard Rodney Bennett's NICHOLAS AND ALEXANDRA.) In the case of the Rozsa collection, there was a release over 20 years ago which I suspect was unlicensed.