[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces David Newman's DUCKTALES: THE MOVIE

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces David Newman's DUCKTALES: THE MOVIE
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:00 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

DUCKTALES: THE MOVIE - TREASURE OF THE LOST LAMP
Composed and Conducted by DAVID NEWMAN
INTRADA Special Collection 372

I loved this movie. I had a huge orchestra. I had plenty of resources. I was a little
pressed for time—not for writing, but for recording—but other than that, it was like a dream experience for me.
-- David Newman, composer

For the 1990 Disney animated feature DuckTales: The Movie - Treasure of the Lost Lamp, composer David Newman relished the opportunity to compose a rip-roaring adventure score. Newman’s writing overflows with melodic invention, beginning with a bold adventure theme and a hard-charging action motif (with several allusions to the TV theme in the opening sequence). Newman created music that twists and turns on a dime, racing forward and stopping suddenly for quick pauses, then continuing onward. The score is a product of the '80s and '90s, bringing a thematic richness and splendor that, as even the composer noted in the album's liner notes, couldn't be done today.

For its premiere release, Intrada edited and mastered from the digital 2-track scoring session masters (with three cues sourced from the 30 IPS Dolby SR-format analog stereo mixes).

DuckTales: the Movie was spun off from the popular syndicated animated television series, opening with Scrooge (Alan Young) and Huey, Dewey, Louie and Webby (all voiced by Russi Taylor) on the trail of the legendary treasure of Collie Baba. Scrooge loses the treasure except for an old lamp. The four children discover that the lamp is home to a Genie (Rip Taylor), but the lamp is being hunted by the shape-shifting sorcerer Merlock (Christopher Lloyd). Merlock possesses a magical amulet which, when combined with the lamp, will grant him unlimited wishes and the power to reshape reality. Only Scrooge can stop the crazed wizard—if he can first overcome his own greed!

INTRADA Special Collection 372
Barcode: 7 20258 53722 5
Retail Price: $21.99
SHIPPING NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit:
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.10728/.f
http://www.intrada.com

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces David Newman's DUCKTALES: THE MOVIE
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:13 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:26 pm 

Thank you for telling us about this wonderful great news of Ducktales the movie soundtrack release. I just put in the order for it and looking forward to listening to the beautiful soundtrack from DuckTales.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:37 pm 

Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you! So gosh darned much! This score was in my wishlist. Now it's one off! Thank you! Thank you SO MUCH for giving us this one.. I am so happy I'll finally get to hear this score in the best quality... and complete. This is great news.. thank you so much.. the samples are already magnificent. I'm hitting buy as soon as I can. Thank you, Intrada. You guys are magnificent.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:27 am 

I'm buying this instantly, because it's one of my grails as well. Thank you Intrada, maker of dreams !
Why couldn't you include the title song ? Just curious, as it is quoted in David Newman's score and appears in the end credits of the movie.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:50 am 

I supose because the intention here was just to showcase David Newman's whole original score. But the DuckTales themes as presented in the End Credits would've been a nice extra though but I understand it probably might have been a hell to license or whatever.

Thanks Disney for letting Intrada license this!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:28 pm 

February 7, 2017 To celebrate our new release of Duck Tales, we are offering a discount of 15% off for a limited time on all three Tinker Bell titles!

Simply enter coupon code DUCKTALES at checkout!

"To all who come to this happy place; welcome."
"I'm your huckleberry."
"Well what you plan and what takes place ain't never been exactly similar."
"Pootingineous!"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:59 am 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:30 am 

Get them anyway; you won't regret it. I'd go so far as to call them Joel McNeely's magnum opus. These exquisite scores are to him what Lord of the Rings is to Howard Shore. I'm still very grateful to Intrada for releasing them and I hope they still have plans to tackle at least Secret of the Wings at some point. It might tie with Lost Treasure as my favorite (love the wintry feel, and there's some great action music.)

Yavar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:22 pm 

Oh, trust me. It's not a matter of not wanting. I've been wanting to get them for years now. It's just I'm not often able, but you can bet I eventually will. And DuckTales will come home too. I too would love Intrada and Disney to complete and release the rest of Tinker Bell.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:35 pm 

My copy of DuckTales arrived today! I heard clips of this score probably 15 years ago. I was always a fan of the TV series but for whatever reason I had never seen the movie. I was always interested in David Newman's score since I was collecting a bunch of his soundtracks.

DuckTales is arguably one of his greatest scores ever. Listening to it many probably wouldn't be able to guess what film it was created for. Just wonderful scoring that doesn't sound dated in the least. (and I adore David Newman's synth scores!) Great soundstage and the recording sounds incredible. This disc will get many repeat listens.

I think this score is great enough it should have at least given David Newman an oscar nomination. It ranks up there with anything Menken was nominated and generally won for. IMO. Just great to have such an original score for that time period that didn't rely on current pop hits etc, just a great score.

The artwork front cover back cover inlay and design is always great at Intrada!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:10 pm 

I just got my copy in the mail today. WOW! Great music be David Newman. Douglass, you and your team did a amazing job restoring this masterpiece soundtrack. Thank-you for releasing this beautiful soundtrack to add into our collections. Thank-you again. Looking forward to hear more releases soon.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:40 pm 

also just a thought... Doug and Roger - you have discussions with Disney. as much as I love their Disney Legacy Soundtrack collections I think many of us would love LOVE LOVE some of the lesser known scores and songs esp Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros. I have a ancient old Saludos Amigos 3 LP set but not able to play it and one of the LPs is cracked but it is just great cover artwork etc.

I think it is great they re-issued many for Legacy but sadly these two albums would be greatly appreciated on CD. I doubt they would be huge sellers but enough for a limited issue with Intrada possibly? anyhow there are those who would love that decades output on disc. I could almost see the Disney Legacy cover art for such a release.

thanks again for DuckTales. :D

Last edited by JackDVD78@aol.com on Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:22 pm 

I am with you on that Jack. It would be nice to listen to those music from those 2 movies rather that watching them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:10 pm 

Ahhh.. you lucky americans, that get it quick and don't have to pay double with shipping.. that's what's been holding me for so long to get Tinker Bell..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next