Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Here's hoping that 2017 will improve on...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:12 pm 

1/1/2017

Here’s hoping that 2017 will improve on 2016. From what I’m reading, so far it isn’t off to such a peaceful start. I won’t hold my breath… but I will hope. Last year wrapped with a certain sadness. Instead of celebrating New Year’s Eve with parties and champagne, I traded good wishes with family members and played the new expansions of Jurassic Park and The Lost World to bring comfort. For me it usually comes down to music and movies. After everyone else went off to bed, I settled down with a Blu-ray and my customary diet coke. The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms. No particular reason why I chose an old Ray Harryhausen movie. Sometimes it’s really the dart thing. Throw one and just see where it lands. So the movie was full of monster action and enhanced by a David Buttolph score. Easy to digest.

Surely this year will bring many more musical treasures, both shiny new and old-but-newly-polished. We have some fabulous stuff in various stages of production here. There are also some must-see movies coming up. So I’ll keep my hopes up. And to everyone who might be reading, and to all those who are doing other things, I wish you all a Happy New Year!