Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Friday the 13th
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:50 pm 

Harry Manfredini's scores from the first four "Friday the 13th" films were really effective and would be a fun release, especially around Halloween.

In 1982, to market the release of "Part 3," there was a vinyl edition by Gramavision Records that was only four tracks long (two of those tracks were over ten minutes long). Much of the music in the first four films is quite similar, if not outright lifted and reused from film to film.

I'd heard that some of the original masters of the film scores were damaged and so there could never be a remastering. But I'm not sure if the vinyl release was based on film scores or was a separate recording.

If we could get some kind of official release, either a digital version of the 1982 album, a remastering of the score from the film, or a compilation of Manfredini's work on the series (he composed parts 1 - 6, 9, and 10), I'm sure they would be welcomed by fans of the "Friday" series.

Post subject: Re: Friday the 13th
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:15 pm 

Agreed. Moreso, I think a F13 box set would be very welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:52 pm 

Highly agree. But Jason X has a good release from Varese.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:51 pm 

True, although JASON X and JASON GOES TO HELL were electronic rather than orchestral, and I do believe they suffer for it. The early ones are terrific, but apparently the tapes for Part 1 aren't in any usable condition. :(

I don't know that a box set is required - it's like asking whether you need every note from every POLICE ACADEMY film - and isn't at least one of the FRIDAYs mainly tracked with cues from earlier entries?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:10 am 

Yes I have emailed Mr Manfredini along time ago asking him some questions and one was why a true F13th release never had seen the light of day and his response back then was that the masters were destroyed over at Paramount.
BUT...why could they then release the new Blue-Ray releases with great and mastered sound then?????
I think its bogus and that Paramount didnt care for releasing them back then and had this response to the fans...
I have the LP, and I have a XXX of Jason Lives, even bought Jason goes to hell and jason X and the rerecording of Fred Modins score to The New Blood and Jason takes Manhattan.
A friend of mine even made excellent rips without SFX from part 1-4 from Blue Ray , so I say that a release could very much happen if someone carred for it...

A fun rumor I also heard was that the music to Wes Cravens Hills Have Eyes 2 (1985) used rejected music from one of the Friday films (I think it was Part 5 The New Beginning)

Another great score I would love too see released is Manfredinis HORROR SHOW...

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:14 am 

By now this post is history. LaLaLand released a boxset years ago.