Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bruce Broughton (Unreleased)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:30 pm 

So a few years back I had emailed Broughton just thanking him for the wonderful music he writes and asking whether there were any plans to release his theme park music (specifically Ellen). This was his response:

"There are plans for a CD set of my theme park music to be released sometime in the near future which will include the Ellen show, as well.  In fact, the set should have just about all of my Disney theme park music in it, so if you have any other favorites, they'll probably be included.  But, as to when the release is, I don't know.  It's just something to look forward to."

I'm surprised it has taken this long to get this project moving, but I'm sure with all the legal and financial hurdles it isn't unusual. Still, are there any plans for this box-set?

Post subject: Re: Bruce Broughton (Unreleased)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:47 am 

All of Broughton's theme park music in one nice package? Count me in!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:37 pm 

Me too! And if it's a package that also includes Disney ride scores by other talented composers, even better!

This could be Intrada's chance to close the book on Goldsmith's Soarin', adding in the unreleased entrance/exit pieces as well as Broughton's adaptation of his theme.

Yavar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:34 pm 

This was back in 2013 (when he responded) so I wouldn't say get your hopes up yet. I'm sure Intrada is working on it, and I'm sure it's not an easy task at all to get things cleared (music rights, fees, etc.)

I really would love to see more theme park related albums be released, especially since theme park music doesn't have the benefit of having prior soundtrack releases. In this day and age; with so many scores being released and recording sessions becoming available to the public, it's frustrating to see that certain types of music don't get any attention. Especially with the digital platforms now available.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:29 pm 

This release is still my holy grail. What a shame that this fantastic body of work remains so little known.