[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - RAMBO: FIRST BLOOD PART II - CD 1 Remaster

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: RAMBO: FIRST BLOOD PART II - CD 1 Remaster
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:12 pm 

We have re-visited CD 1 of our Rambo II release to include the take of "The Map" that ends with a 13-second coda. Since we needed to create a new master and re-press the first disc anyway, I decided to go ahead and "drop in" the two wild percussion hits that go with "The Cage", although I had just informed Roger yesterday that I hadn't planned on doing so. It is I who may have caused any confusion, not Roger. Fortunately he can't fire me... though he may not trust me again for awhile. :wink:

Jerry recorded "The Cage" with brief rests built in for three bursts of percussion to emphasize when Rambo kills three of the compound guards. Interestingly, the first of these three percussion tracks was already mixed into the cue during the sessions. It has always been there. The second and third were recorded completely separate to facilitate dropping them in later and synchronizing with the action, depending on how the scene was ultimately edited during post-production. No prior release of the soundtrack has ever included these last two percussion hits, and Jerry himself left them out of his own album assembly back in 1985.

I stayed with what Jerry had done and asked Roger to let people know accordingly when informing them about my remastering the disc to include the coda with "The Map". But once I was revisiting the master anyway, and since the cue already plays on CD 2 as Jerry preferred it, I figured I would go that one extra mile and newly remix "The Cage" to include all three percussion hits exactly as they are heard in the finished film. So listeners get the cue both ways. (My apologies, Jerry. I just had to do it.)

We'll re-press CD 1 shortly and make them available at no charge to anyone who would like a copy. If you haven't yet purchased our Rambo II release, the timing will be perfect. We ran out of them and needed to re-press the set in any case. So all future sets should include the re-mastered CD 1. We'll post here when the re-pressing has occurred.

Thank you for your patience. There are some who will be happy about this news and some who will figure we're making a bit of a fuss over nothing. Jerry referred to me during a recording session once as wanting "every bloody note... including the orchestra tuning up". I'll pass on the tuning up experience, but otherwise I do want every note of this masterpiece and I want it all prim and proper. I think I finally have it as such... and you can too in what I'm guessing will be just about three weeks. :D
--Doug

Post subject: Re: RAMBO: FIRST BLOOD PART II - CD 1 Remaster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:26 am 

One day, I hope I get a boss hamster just like you, Doug! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:07 am 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:50 pm 

Incredible Customer Service here, Doug! Since I purchased my set from Screen Archives, do I need to ask them for the replacement or could I get this replacement directly from Intrada.?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:49 pm 

My Dad just snagged a copy for me from Amazon (although Intrada is still listed as the seller). Now I wish he'd waited.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:35 am 

If the CD is going to be replaced wh don't you remove all crossfade effect unless they appear like this in the film

AND INCLUDE AS A BONUS track

Stories without the Overlay ending

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:00 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:01 am 

i disagree - music does not breath with cross-fade effects

they should be removed unless they appear idenical to the music in the film

The warehouse / end title - from RAIDERS - good examble on how they can Work for good

Bonus tracks on FOR YOUR EYES ONLY - a very bad examble on how cross-fade-effects can ruin a score

Sorry, but there is no artistic choice with cross-fade - it's either for or not - and i'm not for it, it's dumb and takes away the listening experience becaurse you don't the a moment

if i want cross-fade effects i can do it them myself on an editing program

the music flows perfectly without them BTW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:16 am 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:02 pm 

Roger,

What do we have to do to receive the replacement disc 1?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:16 am 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:40 am 

First i want to thank INTRADA for these great releases.
II for the great customer service
Looking out for the replacement disc.
Rambo II sounds great,no problem with crossfades,thanks for the completion of the track The Map.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:04 pm 

Any estimation yet when this one might be back in stock?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:35 am 

What a great set this is - but looking forward to the UPDATED CD 1 - hope Intrada gets it in soon, as I wish to also receive a copy...:-)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:24 am 

I just placed a sizable CD order yesterday INCLUDING the Rambo set, for which I'm especially stoked. Thank you for all of your awesome work on that powerful score. It's one of my all-time favorite Goldsmith scores from the 80's. On an unrelated note... you really caught my attention with your mention of "burger". I hope you're taking Christian to InNOut! hahaha :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next