[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - FLUPPY DOGS - Shirley Walker

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FLUPPY DOGS - Shirley Walker
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:40 am 

Just wanted to add this to the list too: A lovely early Shirley Walker score. As this was supposed to be an ongoing TV series - I am really curious to find out if there was additional music composed for the series beyond the pilot episode!

Fluppy Dogs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWeQbMOIJz4

Post subject: Re: FLUPPY DOGS - Shirley Walker
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:13 am 

Just wanted to post a comment from Wedge over at filmscoremonthly.com on the msg board. I asked if there might be a chance to see a release similar to David Newman's -
CONEHEADS / TALENT FOR THE GAME / THE ITSY BITSY SPIDER.

Wedge commented that:
Other Walker Disney projects include THE LOVE BUG TV remake (one of her best unreleased scores IMHO) and her theme park music for Disney Tokyo's MYSTERIOUS ISLAND (I'm just assuming there's more than the single track that's been released already). As I said three years ago, if only! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:09 am 

Interesting, a failed TV pilot for a Disney animated series I didn't know about. Count me in for a release.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:36 am 

Just wanted to bump this Shirley Walker suggestion. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:43 pm 

I will buy any and all Shirley Walker from any label.

Yavar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:32 am 

I also wanted to bump this one again too.

I understand that it may be hard to do if the show/film has never been released on VHS or DVD. But it's still a nice little score, and very curious if there's more.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:28 am 

I have no expectation that there's ever a chance this will be released. I just wanted to know if anything actually exists?

My curiosity revolves around how the Disney vault operates, and if it had a database, or card catalogue. Hope my own fluppy dog's eyes are convincing enough for a response. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:47 am 

Just wanted to bump this one, as it's the year of the dog after all.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:08 pm 

Please make all the Disney-owned Shirley Walker happen if possible, Intrada! I'm sure LLL would do it if they could access Disney stuff, but apparently they can't...

Yavar

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:42 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:01 pm 

In line with the bumping of Earth Star Voyager - here's a bump..ahem WOOF! for Fluppy Dogs. :mrgreen:

*1620 views on this thread ain't too shabby :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:11 pm 

I fear Fluppy Dogs (and much of Shirley Walker's other Disney work) may simply be off limits for the same reason as Earth Star Voyager (and the reason a Ron Jones DuckTales release never happened despite high interest and Roger pursuing it): being TV rather than a feature film. Apparently Intrada's Disney connections do not extend to their television division yet, and thusfar all of their Disney score releases have been of feature film scores only.

I certainly hope this changes and I'll be all over any orchestral Shirley Walker premiere!

Yavar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:38 am 

I emailed Ian Walker some time ago about Fluppy Dogs, inquiring if he had any knowledge if his mother recorded anything additional for it besides what aired in the TV episode. I was curious that if it was planned as a TV series, if Shirley happened to write any additional themes or material. He said he would check his spreadsheet to see if there was any mention as to where her Fluppy Dog material ended up - if there was anything amongst the collection of her written scores donated to the film music library. I never heard back. The library does not entertain outside inquires from non-professional researchers {fanboys need not inquire}.

Also, from my understanding, there's still some hope for Ducktales.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:03 pm 

Here's the brief but lovely End Credits for FLUPPY DOGS!

[youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALiaIyV-Klc[/youtube]