[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces THE TWLIGHT ZONE

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces THE TWLIGHT ZONE
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:36 am 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:52 pm 

I saw a few of these back in the day, but never saw most of the episodes. (My favorite is One Life, Furnished in Early Poverty, a lovely performance by Peter Riegert.) But I've been so intrigued with this release that not only did I order the music, I'm also getting the dvd collection so I can see 'em all.

So glad Intrada went to the trouble and expense of putting this together. Anyone hoping for a volume 2 better darn well order this toot suite. Nothing tells a company "don't bother" like not purchasing the (maybe) first edition.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:50 pm 
This album reaffirms “Dead Woman’s Shoes” as my favorite of Safan’s scores. Great string writing that melds perfectly with the sax.

The JAC Redford score did not resonate with me when I saw the episode, but I find it a bit more enthralling on album.

Of his two efforts, I already mentioned my preference for Kaplan’s score for “Red Snow” in the pre-release thread, though like the Redford score, this album gives me a bit of a newfound appreciation for his work on the Camelot segment. That said, Ron Goodwin will continue as my usual go-to for excellence in regality. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:40 am 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:05 am 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:02 pm 

I am currently listening to the samples... DAMN!!!!

I am only vaguely familiar with this series. I really enjoyed the Amazing Stories anthologies, and I figured that this would probably be in similar in style.

The music on this set is even better than I expected.

It is rent week so I can't buy it today, but next week, I am SO ordering this set.

Thanks Intrada!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:20 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:12 am 

any notions on which autographs are whose? The top left looks like it might be Alan Brennert.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:06 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:08 am 

Finally received all of this set... Wow! Huge congratulations. The absolute jewel in my soundtrack collection.

I heard that the music comes from pristine master tapes. And it sounds like it. But can I ask Roger, or anyone else in the know, if Craig Safan's 'Wong's Lost and Found Emporium' came from another source? It doesn't sound bad at all, but everything else sounds so immediate and in stunning clarity... Wong sounds more distant than everything these. It may have been recorded like that, so was just wondering.

But what a set!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:29 am 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:23 am 

The theme and end titles have a distant sound to them too, although they were like that the first time on the '98 Silva Screen disc. And I really can't tell if they're supposed to sound sharper.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:57 pm 

Great release! I'm with Roger, too; this is a great companion to the Amazing Stories release. Intrada, once again, shows why they remain my favorite label. Thanks to all involved on this one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:39 pm 

And on sale for $24.99 as of 11/22/16.

Terrific set, beautifully put together - receives a lot of play here. I thought I'd bump this in light of the sale & 'Doug's Corner', which adds a little more insight from Intrada's poobah.

-Sean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:23 pm 

If there is any chance of a volume 2, please try to include The Star from season one by Morton Stevens.

And I want to thank you so much for including the music from Her Pilgrim Soul on this first volume. :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next