[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces John Williams' JAWS 2

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces John Williams' JAWS 2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:45 am 

In the main title there is a stinger right as the music crescendos and the "JAWS 2" title appears on-screen. It's on the album version of the track and it's on the film version of the track sampled here. Doug, Roger or Mike M, can you confirm whether it's on the main title alternate take as well? Thanks much.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:54 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
I think the original soundtrack release for JAWS 2 was already quite good and better (both in content and audio quality) then most others of this time period, but this score is so good, of course I cannot resist an Intrada special 2-CD release of it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:39 am 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:37 am 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:08 pm 

Looks like this will supplant The Dove as my favorite release this year!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:20 am 

Our review: http://www.filmsonwax.co.uk/jaws-2-2/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:24 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:03 pm 

"To all who come to this happy place; welcome."
"I'm your huckleberry."
"Well what you plan and what takes place ain't never been exactly similar."
"Pootingineous!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:36 pm 

JAWS (1975) might have won the Oscar, and gotten pop radio play, and gotten all the attention.

But JAWS 2 is, in all ways that matter to me, all-too-awesome!

Thanks, Intrada.

"Ask [the director] where the camera comes from and I'll tell him where the music comes from" (David Raksin)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:41 pm 

Listening to samples now.

John Williams could (to borrow from David Raksin) "kill someone by hitting them over the head with the brass section" better than ANYONE.

"Ask [the director] where the camera comes from and I'll tell him where the music comes from" (David Raksin)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:34 pm 

Listening to it right now.

Dream come true. That's all I can say or all that really needs to be said, quite frankly. You guys did an amazing job.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:03 pm 

My goodness, what wonders Intrada and Mr Mattesino have done with this reissue. I thought the sound was already pretty stellar but this new master just sounds so present and vivid. The low end especially is so much more powerful, without sounding at all unnatural. As I always feel with an Intrada release of familiar music, I feel as if I am present at a performance of living musicians, not just some impersonal series of noises on a record.

And to be writing these words about what is perhaps my most personally beloved score in Johnny's entire career, is just a fulfillment of truly a lifetime of hopeful thinking and dreaming. It's here, today, and it's better than I ever could have dreamed.

Thank you, Intrada. Thank you so very much.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:08 am 

Douglass, Roger, and the rest of the Intrada crew, I EXALT you!

I am near tears, listening to JAWS 2, which just came in the mail today. The sound is unmatched, it's so crisp and clear, I can actually make out the fingers pricking the harp strings, the breaths that blow the horns, and the bows as they hit the strings. This is another immeasurable release from what has truly become THE label for soundtracks of all eras and genres. In fact, it is in my opinion the most beautiful and outstanding release to have come from the Intrada pipeline. Then again, I haven't received my JAWS yet, so I may be speaking prematurely.

My heart stopped so many times during the "Main Title", fluttered in disbelief at "The Shark Prowls", SOARED with "More Sailing", waltzed to "Ballet for Divers" and as of this moment, I am still reaping the stereophonic benefits. It just goes on and on. I cannot even begin to put into words how terrific hearing this release feels.

Bottom line, you guys are the pinnacle of what soundtrack production should stand for. This release has long been a dream (and I told you this in person!) for many, many years, and to finally hear it, I am almost incapable of fully believing it, and more so, the quality overall.

Thank you INTRADA, you are a gift to world of music (and consumerism alike), and you will forever have my most humble gratitude for all you have done, and all you will do (DECEMBER can't come quick enough - and you know why).

Keep up he good work. I'll be here on the front lines!

Namaste

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:42 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:48 am 

So glad people are finally getting to enjoy this! You're right about the lack of tracking, but there is one exception in JAWS 2: the beginning of "Fire On Board" is tracked over the start of "Sinking The Catamaran." In the original JAWS, part of the "Wild Shark Theme" that ends Disc 1 was tracked over a section of "The Pier Incident."

Mike M.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next