[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces John Williams' JAWS 2

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces John Williams' JAWS 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:59 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

JAWS 2
Composed and Conducted by JOHN WILLIAMS
INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 331

When John Williams composed the original score to Jaws, he created one of the most famous and instantly recognizable motifs ever composed for the cinema, winning for Williams both an Oscar and a Grammy. Jaws was the first "blockbuster" film, and followed over the next couple of years with Star Wars (another Oscar) and Close Encounters also composed by Williams. By the time 1978 came around, thanks to the success of Star Wars inaugurating the renaissance of the symphonic score, the gritty, lean '70s mode of film scoring gave way to large scale, epic scores. While Williams could hardly compose a new Jaws score without incorporating his classic shark motif, he composed an all new score, larger in scale than the first. Aside from a brief quote of the Orca theme during the main title sequence, the wealth of new material for the score is dominated by two new principal themes.

The original MCA album released at the time of the film was assembled from various shorter cues for reasons of musicality rather than exact chronology. resulting in an exciting, creatively thought out album. In preparing this set with the cues appearing in their original film order, Intrada noted that those 1978 album assemblies deleted bars of music to accommodate joining two or three otherwise unrelated cues together to form the longer album tracks. This new score presentation was assembled and mastered by Mike Matessino from the original 3-track session master, stored in great condition at Universal, and approved by the composer. Williams' original MCA Records album program, long out-of-print on CD, is included on a second disc.

In this sequel, two scuba divers go missing and two tourists are killed in a freak boat explosion, and Martin Brody is convinced that yet another shark is feeding in the waters off Amity. Brody’s growing obsession leads to an embarrassing outburst—he fires his gun at a school of fish in front of a beach crowded with families—but when a group of sailing teenagers are stalked by the shark, Brody’s children Michael and Sean are among the potential victims. Brody sets off in a police boat to do battle with the new menace, eventually luring it to its death as it bites into a massive electrical cable and explodes in a shower of sparks.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 331
Retail Price: $29.99
SHIPS WEEK OF 11/9
For track listing and sound samples, please visit:
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9910/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces John Williams' JAWS 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:14 pm 

Yesssss..., thank you, thank you, thank you - so ordered! Cannot wait to get this. I noticed here on the main post it says ships week of 11/3, but on the item page it says 11/9 - I'm assuming the 11/9 date is correct?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:34 pm 

Ordered, of course!

IMO one of Williams best, so much variaty in this one - exciting action stepieces, colorful fun music for the sailing boats, great suspense building moments and some sad/beautifull passages as well, all concluding in that gorgeous coda.

It's also a relief to see that the music was in good shape and it is all in stereo with great sound. Nowadays my fear is not as much as if or when a high profile score such as this will be released, but on the quality of the masters.

Jaws is a classic and a more effective score, but Jaws 2 remains a favourite.

I also liked the covers, btw.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:45 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:14 pm 

Such an awesome release, my order has been placed. many thanks Intrada

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:46 pm 

Doug, Roger and everyone, thank you for finally making this dream come true! And I'll also echo the gratitude that this was preserved in time. :)

:arrow: EDIT: I've noticed the sample for "End Title/End Cast" seems to play a little flat. Is it just me? The other samples sound terrific; lots of room in the recording.

Last edited by Traveling Matt on Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:48 pm 

I've dreamed of this day. Thank you, Intrada, for everything you do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:29 pm 

A day I never thought I'd see some 15 years ago.

I remember as a young kid, I had the Jaws 2 LP before I even bought Jaws on record.

Congrats and thanks to Doug, Roger, the hamsters, Mike Matessino and everyone else involved on this release.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:49 pm 

Incredible release! But then again, Intrada has been producing incredible music for three decades! Big thanks to Doug, Roger and all the hard-working movie music-loving lunatics at Intrada for all you do!

It's been an amazing year in music, especially the last few months! Jaws 2, the Back to the Future sequels, a re-mastered In Harm's Way, original tracks for Schifrin's Amityville Horror plus other remastered music from Goldsmith and Horner!

And we've still got another 2-CD "monster" release from Intrada on Nov. 17, a new Bond score and some brand new John Williams STAR WARS music to look forward to!!

Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:11 pm 

Auto-order! - It's going to be very hard for Intrada to top this year, so many amazing releases.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:13 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:09 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:44 am 

I used to think that Obi-Wan was my only hope then along came Doug & Co
A massive thank you to all at Intrada & at Universal for looking after & restoring this wonderful score.
And to Mr Williams for without him we wouldn't be hearing what is possibly the best music on the planet.
Just been looking at this year's release covers & I must say that 2015 is looking extremely hard to beat.
That said we still have a few more bricks to add & if Jaws is the Nov 17th title then all 4 scores are truly home.
Goes without saying ORDERED :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:01 am 

Quite simply a dream come true.
Waited years for this along with Psycho II score - amazing that I now (almost) have both of them.
Coming so soon after the book, surely a bluray can't be far away.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:24 am 

I've been been putting off a purchase of the original album for ages hoping for this day. Ordered instantly.

And I also hope Intrada will get to complete the series as well. Love all the albums so far. :)

Karol

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next