Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just a little spotlight on our September...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:19 pm 

8/24/2015

Just a little spotlight on our September 5th party, primarily for those people checking in about tickets for the "reception" part of the afternoon. The private part of the celebration happens, of course, with the industry professionals we've worked with over the years. Being in one room with twenty film composers, all at the same time, celebrating what we've accomplished, is certainly a once-in-a-lifetime happening for me. Golly. Maybe I can get, say, Chris Young and Bruce Broughton together to co-compose a score! John Debney and Lee Holdridge doing the same? Bruce Botnick as the scoring mixer? The possibilities boggle the mind. (Then I wake up.) In any case, some of these folks, and a whole lot more, might be available to visit with ticket holders during the reception we're having after the initial event. Maybe they'll even sign an autograph or two. Ticket holders for the reception will also get to savor a nice dessert buffet, fruits and veggies, take home a special souvenir program with lots of exclusive photos of us and the artists we've worked with over the years, enjoy a gift bag with a variety of items designed to simply commemorate our 30th Anniversary, a photo matte with our logo printed on it for using with photos taken during the reception, maybe even a CD or two we have hanging around here just for fun.

And for those of you that might be interested, this will be the first time you'll meet every one of the Intrada people all together, from both our part-time shipping clerks to our sales manager, from our long-time art director to our long-time mastering engineer, from our bookkeeper to our production manager, from our CFO to our Vice President... and - gee - even me, the President, though I'm better known around here as the Grand Poobah. (Not sure what that is, exactly. Hope it's good.) My wife, Mary Ann (who came up with the Poobah moniker and certainly helped me get this company off the ground) will be with us, our webmaster is coming - mostly to check out the culinary delights - and I believe my very first Canadian partner is attending. Overall, between those fabulous composers, orchestrators, other label executives, industry friends, liner note authors - and all of my crew in the same place at the same time - hopefully we won't run out of dessert.

By the way, our program booklet is of particular interest in that it will have numerous color photos that friends have asked me to "publish" for many years now so others could enjoy them. I finally found an excuse to do it. And it'll have a few words to read, too. Anyway, it's pretty cool. Since several folks have already asked, yes, this booklet is only being made available to the guests at the party and ticket holders at the reception. It won't be available online or otherwise. We're still sorting out some of the various reception details. It's actually like putting on some ginormous wedding. One part stress, two parts exhaustion, three parts getting the bride and groom ready... but what excitement this all is for us around here!