[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Leonard Rosenman's THE CAR

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Leonard Rosenman's THE CAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:59 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

THE CAR
Composed and Conducted by LEONARD ROSENMAN
INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 306

For the 1977 Universal Picture The Car, composer Leonard Rosenman provided a thrilling score anchored around the medieval Dies Irae chant, signaling early on that this is no ordinary automobile on the loose, but a driverless and demonically possessed devil car. This is musically evident from the beginning, with a clanging chord to quickly reflect the arid, desolate look of the film’s desert setting, before low brass and contrabass clarinet intone the Dies Irae theme. The action set pieces, which make up the bulk of the score, are especially riveting, with the composer leading the orchestra at an unusually breakneck pace. The film afforded Rosenman the opportunity to compose some of the most wildly kinetic and fast-tempo music in Rosenman’s career.

For this release, Intrada was provided access to the original scoring session masters, recorded onto 1/2″ 15 ips three-channel tape at the Universal Studios scoring stage in January and February of 1977. Every roll of tape survived in pristine condition in Universal’s vaults.

In the film, a mysterious black car appears and begins picking off pedestrians in a small desert town. The devil is a Lincoln Continental Mark III, with two baleful headlight “eyes,” a sneering grill and a staccato, blaring car horn from Hell—all designed to terrify the victims it stalks in an isolated desert town in Utah. The film additionally stars James Brolin as Wade; grizzled tough guy John Marley as the town sheriff; perennial heavy R.G. Armstrong as an abusive husband; and Ronny Cox as an alcoholic deputy, Luke.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 306
Retail Price: $19.99
SHIPPING NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9503/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Leonard Rosenman's THE CAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:48 pm 

Another great release, well done Intrada. Ordered.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:07 pm 

I never thought I would see this released. Somewhat of a Grail for me. Thank you so much for this release! :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:33 pm 

Oh, man... I have waited since I was a little kid for this one. Thank you, Intrada.

Somehow, a twisted demon face of approval seems more befitting than the usual joyous happy emoticon, so --

:twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:12 am 

One of my favourites from the 70s. Feared this was lost or only available in mono. Wonderful surprise. Well done all and thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:15 am 

This & Duel ORDERED :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:39 am 

Thank you so much. Amazing release!!!

Congratulations to you all.

You are the TOP! :mrgreen:

I have no words to describe my happiness.

Amazing!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:01 pm 

this is an awesome release and a score I have wanted since i first saw the movie. Thanx for digging this up and letting the world hear this great Rosenman music

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:26 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
I have waited a long time for this one... :-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:57 pm 

We screamed for it. They listened.

Thank you, Intrada!

"Ask [the director] where the camera comes from and I'll tell him where the music comes from" (David Raksin)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:40 pm 
This is a brilliant sounding recording, which based on other Intrada and some Varese releases, now seems to be par for the course for 60s and 70s Universal recordings. There is such an intense rawness and clarity to it all that greatly enhances the listening experience.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:31 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:45 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:07 pm 

I'm really enjoying The Car, an excellent Rosenman score. It's a fairly short score but that works in it's favour I feel. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:58 am 

Oh, yes, yes, yeeees! I love this movie and I've been hoping and praying the score would get released at some point! A definite purchase for me and in fact it just became my very first purchase directly from the Intrada site! :mrgreen:

Between the two versions of the cover, I definitely prefer the head on view of the car, as opposed to the original poster artwork.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next