[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Tron:Legacy

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tron:Legacy
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:28 am 

How about an expanded Tron Legacy album? The original album was great but Disney released quite a few tracks as download only in promotions with other companies. What are the chances of a complete release on cd? Especially as Intrada has a good relationship with Disney. I just love this score and would love it to be given the Intrada magic

Post subject: Re: Tron:Legacy
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:51 pm 

Yes, this is one I'd very much like to see. I mentioned this one over 2 years ago in the Intrada/Disney thread on these forums, and it's still my most wanted modern Disney score. The single disc release is, to be blunt, very lacking; and even the 2-disc release is missing quite a lot of material... some of which among the best the film has to offer (IMO) like 'The Grid part II". I wouldn't be surprised if there're some additional cues that never even made it to being a lossy online-store exclusive.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:20 am 

I was very surprised, and disappointed, when I realised just how many different versions of this score exist (four, at last count), and as they all have different track listings there's no complete one out there. Considering the great job Disney / Intrada did with The Black Hole, this looks like an obvious one to do - and a belated treat for the score's many fans.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:03 am 

I agree completely. Even if you bought the album the half dozen times necessary to get all the exclusive tracks, a) most of the exclusives weren't lossless and b) even then, there's still some cues that were never released in any form whatsoever. Been waiting for a proper release ever since the movie came out.

Flight of the Navigator (Silvestri)
Digimon: The Movie (Harpaz, Plessner, Levy)
The Crystal Maze (Lawrence)
Blackadder: Back and Forth (Goodall)
Dune (Toto)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:19 pm 
The movie was on FX constantly last year (2013) and I got hooked on Daft Punk's score.

Fingers crossed that Intrada & Disney will consider a proper release in the near future.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:45 am 

I have the special limited edition with 22 tracks on CD1 and 5 bonus tracks on CD2... Can you find any more music on other official releases ?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:59 am 

Hi, Anakin - yes, there are a further three tracks out there:

iTunes edition: Father and Son (3:12), Outlands, Part II (2:53)
Amazon Edition: Sea of Simulation (2.41).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:58 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:21 am 

No, not three... there were four additional tracks. The fourth, "Sunrise Prelude", is available on the Nokia Music Store, which isn't even available in all regions. There's also a dialogue free version of "The Grid", and probably several other cues that were never available on any version of the album.

This score is in desperate need of Intrada/Disney treatment. The day I'm able to pop in a CD and listen to a lossless version of "Outlands, Part II" will be a happy day indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:28 pm 

Anyone know how feasible this is? I love this score and would buy an expansion in a heartbeat. I dont know wether disneys strange decision to release exclusive tracks all over the place would make it difficult? Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:02 am 

I don't think there's anything in particular standing in the way (nothing legal or anything like that), the only unknown being Intrada's interest in actually tackling it since I'm sure they have a huge list of future titles they'd like to get done, many of which have had even less of a proper release than TRON:Legacy. According to a thread over at Film Score Monthly that goes into the situation a bit, the single-disc album needed to be finalized rather early, and not all the music for the film had been recorded at that time. So what we got on that disc was what was available at that time, I guess.

Personally, I hope Intrada does get around to releasing a complete album for this. It's one of my favorite modern scores, and despite the fact I already own both the 2-disc Special Edition CD, and Limited Edition vinyl (so glad I bought this back when it could be had for $30 or so), I'd happily buy it once more to have the full score (plus a few extras, hopefully) in lossless quality.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:27 am 

Thanks for the info Megatron. Sounds like a possible so I will try and be patient. Nice to hear such love for one of my fave scores.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:31 am 

I've heard 5 unreleased score tracks + 1 unreleased trailer track on YouTube,
which now takes us up to 37 tracks so far:

CD = 22
Bonus CD = 5
Download Bonus Tracks = 4
Unreleased Score Tracks = 5
Unreleased Trailer Track = 1

and that's before you get to any alternate tracks (if there are any?)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:29 am 

As much as I would like to see a complete version of this, I can't see Doug being interested in tackling a Daft Punk set. Though if he did, it would surely be one of the biggest surprises of the year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:49 am 
Even if a producer does not like the music, it would be financially daft to ignore the popular Daft Punk. I find the regular CD to be perfect as is, an opinion which I'm sure just warms the hearts of all fans of this score. :P