[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - THE INTRADA- UNIVERSAL RELATIONSHIP

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: THE INTRADA- UNIVERSAL RELATIONSHIP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:02 pm 

Maybe I am wrong in thinking this way, but it seems over the last 6 or 7 months that we have gotten very few releases from the Universal vault. I am wondering if the Intrada- Universal relationship is still ongoing. I sure hope so. There are still many scores from the '50's, '60's,70's and '80's that I would like to see released.

Post subject: Re: THE INTRADA- UNIVERSAL RELATIONSHIP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:09 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:03 pm 
Soundtracks have customarily trickled in more slowly from Universal when compared to most other studios currently participating, so I think there's never any real reason to believe that the relationship has severed.

We get relatively few each year, but the ones we do get are usually amazing. Heck, I think I'll go listen to Hellfighters now. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:50 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:16 pm 

Hopefully APOLLO 13 is at the top of the list :)
or after 15 reissues of the same, it would be nice to finally get a decent BACKDRAFT album too.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:58 am 
What I really like about Intrada and Varese's Universal choices (if they have much of a choice) thus far is that Silver Age CD premieres have been a focus. There's seemingly plenty of time later to concentrate on expanding scores from the late 80s, 90s and 2000s.

Of course, something like Apollo 13 does beg for a better commercial album of Horner's score, but getting wild cards like High Plains Drifter, Five Days from Home and Tobruk are what I appreciate most.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:06 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:48 am 

Good to hear the Intrada / Universal relationship is still going strong. I'd be particularly interested in seeing if any John Williams expansions can be licensed from them - Jaws, Jaws II, Dracula, E.T. and The Lost World come to mind first.

LLL has led the way for Spielberg/Williams collaborations getting approved by them to come out, so hopefully other labels can start to reap that reward too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:25 am 
At the very least, it would be good to know if the Dracula tapes are really lost or if it's another misassumption made by outsiders as was the case with the Conan scores. If true, it would not surprise me if some rabid fan stole them many years ago. :mrgreen:

Anyway, Intrada no doubt has the popular Universal stuff like the Airport and John Williams scores in mind and would work on them if possible. They'd be crazy not to do those from a business standpoint.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:36 am 

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:07 am 

My top favorite, Emmy-nominated Universal TV score by Morton Stevens is WHEELS - I sure hope that this title could be considered for a future Intrada release.

If anyone loves Mort's TV work from the 70s out there, this one has some of his best....OUTSTANDING!

Also, I must give a nod to Bill Broughton (Bruce's Brother) for helping Mort out on episode Four with a few cues of his own music...:-)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:54 am 

i hope some of the equalzer music the tv stuff is in there yeah the album was good but lots of music was missing cues

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:19 am 

There are many of us who love this stuff, and we each love a lot of stuff.

But for me it comes down to two words.

Columbo. Goldenberg.

(I'd love DeBenedictus too, wouldn't say no to Melle or Nelson or Patrick Williams, but this is what I'm rooting for!)

Maybe someday.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:26 pm 

Still hoping for those two mules for Sister Sara.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:02 am 

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next