Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Don't pee in the pool
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 9:39 am
Posts: 873
Location: NYC
crwdfwtx wrote:
I know nothing of the status of the score except that a song soundtrack album was released... But aren't Steve Martin and John Candy just trying to get home for Thanksgiving in PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES?


The score is very brief maybe close to 30 minutes if that. Great call though. I love the film and Ira Newborn's score.

My guesses:

A Christmas Carol by Silvestri and How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Horner without the narration (which isn't all that bad). A reissue of Miracle On 34th Street (which ironically sold out ten years ago) is definitely long overdue! I'd definitely welcome Polar Express since the film's 10th Anniversary is next year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't pee in the pool
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:38 pm
Posts: 2069
There are a lot of Christmas related scores that I can see Intrada releasing. What made me guess Silvestri's A Christmas Carol and Young Sherlock Holmes is that we know both have been in the works. While some projects take multiple years to finish, I would like to think that these two are imminent for release.

As for the Thanksgiving title, I saw someone mention a TV movie called The Thanksgiving Promise that was scored by Broughton. That seems more likely than my off-the-cuff guess of The War at Home. I do like new soundtrack discoveries, and Broughton is usually a sure buy.

Above all, we want that packed 2-CD release of Young Sherlock Holmes, damnit! :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't pee in the pool
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:14 am
Posts: 1034
Location: Kapolei, Hawaii
PRANCER - Maurice Jarre
would be nice.

SWEET NOVEMBER - Christopher Young
an official pressing

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't pee in the pool
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 9:39 am
Posts: 873
Location: NYC
I was just thinking about a reissue of John Williams' complete Home Alone score to be in the mix as well since it sold out years ago so it would be logical to have this score in its' complete form back in print again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't pee in the pool
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:36 pm
Posts: 104
Location: Helmond, The Netherlands
lawandorder wrote:
I was just thinking about a reissue of John Williams' complete Home Alone score to be in the mix as well since it sold out years ago so it would be logical to have this score in its' complete form back in print again.

Home Alone sold out 7 months ago, not years ago. It was released in 2010.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't pee in the pool
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 9:39 am
Posts: 873
Location: NYC
Frank wrote:
lawandorder wrote:
I was just thinking about a reissue of John Williams' complete Home Alone score to be in the mix as well since it sold out years ago so it would be logical to have this score in its' complete form back in print again.

Home Alone sold out 7 months ago, not years ago. It was released in 2010.


That was Home Alone 2. Home Alone was gone a little before then. Why not have both genius! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't pee in the pool
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:35 am
Posts: 50
Location: Santa Monica, CA
It would seem that Young Sherlock Holmes is almost upon us. It was a long wait but it will be worth it, given Intrada's attention to detail.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't pee in the pool
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:47 pm
Posts: 3216
propinquity wrote:
It would seem that Young Sherlock Holmes is almost upon us. It was a long wait but it will be worth it, given Intrada's attention to detail.


Yes and that one is taking a bit longer, so look for it first half of next year. I hope!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't pee in the pool
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 6
lawandorder wrote:
Frank wrote:
lawandorder wrote:
I was just thinking about a reissue of John Williams' complete Home Alone score to be in the mix as well since it sold out years ago so it would be logical to have this score in its' complete form back in print again.

Home Alone sold out 7 months ago, not years ago. It was released in 2010.


That was Home Alone 2. Home Alone was gone a little before then. Why not have both genius! :D



HOME ALONE sold out in June and HOME ALONE 2 is still available. It came out just last December.

MV


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't pee in the pool
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:47 pm
Posts: 3216
Time to reissue both then.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't pee in the pool
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 6
Roger Feigelson wrote:
Time to reissue both then.



Only if we did 1000 units. Then it would be best to reissue 3 months later! ;)

MV


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't pee in the pool
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:47 pm
Posts: 3216
La-La Land Records wrote:
Roger Feigelson wrote:
Time to reissue both then.



Only if we did 1000 units. Then it would be best to reissue 3 months later! ;)

MV


I want to start reissuing titles that are not out of print yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't pee in the pool
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:30 pm
Posts: 29
A HOME ALONE set, even limited to 1000, would be a perfect Christmas present (and a welcome reissue for those who missed the 1st one). I mean, a Williams set : not sure if Glennie-Smith's score for the third one needs to be released.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't pee in the pool
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:56 am
Posts: 2054
Location: Earth
La-La Land Records wrote:
Roger Feigelson wrote:
Time to reissue both then.



Only if we did 1000 units. Then it would be best to reissue 3 months later! ;)

MV

MV, we don't see u much around here. Time to tell you we LOVE you. You and your fantastic releases, that is. :mrgreen:
How about a Polar Express release as a christmas present and as a perfect companion to Intrada's A Christmas Carol ? :D

In Lalaland we
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't pee in the pool
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:25 pm
Posts: 1304
Location: CocoNuts Place Bermuda
I only piss in my own pool but never in Intradas (or anyone elses for that matter) that´s just rude, but I wouldn´t mind continue the clue games either...that makes my braincells work and they like that between me boozing on those Pina Coladas :mrgreen:

People, stop pissing in Intradas pool, the hamsters has enough work releasing awesome stuff for us than cleaning up (they have better things to do) capishé

_________________
I´VE COME HERE TO DRINK COCONUTS AND *censour*...AND I´M ALL OUT OF COCONUTS...

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group