[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Craig Safan Promo

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Craig Safan Promo
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:23 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:39 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:39 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:49 am 
At this point, I think this stuff is best discussed in private among the parties involved in the business.

I know it is beside the overall argument of copyright, but I don't think this Safan sampler will affect sales of complete releases. There's much more depth to these scores than a few short cues.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:10 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:19 pm 

I think Robin is just trying hard to get released stuff we all would want to see happening, and when he gets stuck in legal issues, he doesn't slow down, he desperately wants to cross the finish line and deliver the CD. His manners may not be everytime right and perfectly legal, but he seems to put money and heart in those releases and I definitely don't consider him as a bootlegger. He's got a passion and sometimes his passion makes him cross lines too early and dangerously.
Roger you are the wisely passionate, Robin is the blind impassioned and he surely would learn great things from you. But you both have the same passion in the end. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:34 pm 

:) I can say I've met I believe just about all the labels except for Quartet and Music Box and Howling Wolf and all these guys are so so passionate and the amount of stuff they know on scores, who owns what, where the rights lie is, for a geek like me is very fascinating. Though I have spoken to Wall at H.Wolf Records and he's SO kind and Jose at Quartet could not have been any cooler!

Most know I love us coming together as a community whether it be the fans come together or the labels who ALL put out great stuff. Heck Intrada alone has filled my Horner catalogue so generously that I will always be in their corner.

LLL has given me some of my grails and they have been nothing but super cool and nice, especially Blazing Saddles which had instrumentals of the songs. I love that, yes I'm just that nerdy!

Roger what you said about Santa Claus the Movie, I LOVE IT! That is the kind of stuff I love hearing and if I was in your shoes making soundtracks, I would have thought the exact same, Darn we couldn't do it, but thankful someone else could and know they would give the score the respect it deserves. Also one of my biggest grails ever. Thank you Quartet for that one. I would love to see someday each label sending to all the other labels copies of what they just released as a good gesture kind of thing. I think that could really be a great thing and it wouldn't be a lot of copies, just one or two copies to each label. Keeps the good vibes flowing from label to label. I know some do this, but don't know if everyone does. Again, I'm a community guy. I love seeing everyone coming together for the greater good which is making great projects!

I've also had the opportunity to meet and hang out with Robin and I believe his heart is in the right place, he's just made some goofs, heck we all goof up, I know I do. Though I don't know a lot of the history that happens behind closed doors in the soundtrack industry, but maybe others have slipped up here and there. I feel the most important thing is to learn from all your mistakes and this goes way far beyond this issue and into daily life. Learn from your mistakes. Now saying that sometimes in the past it's taken me a few times to follow my own advice. I've sat with Robin quite a bit and I really do feel his heart is in the right spot and he's been absolutely one of the nicest guys to me.

I also am the type of person who really tries to believe in a person and give them a chance etc. It's just in my character. I appreciate all of the labels for doing so much for us fans. It pains me to see you guys put so much into a release only to be chastised by my fellow fans because there's one misspelled word or, you didn't use the cover art from this poster that this one fan liked etc. etc. There are bigger problems in the world then a misspelled word or something.

I think a new chapter at Perseverance Records is about to take flight and as Roger said so elegantly, "he'd be happy to add them to the list."

Congrats on Mission of the Shark and I just have to add, LOVE LOVE LOVE what I heard on the Safan promo by the way and it's because of those few tracks that once you guys release it, you bet I'll be ordering my copy. Though now I'll have to start paying sales tax since I live out here, darn darn darn. It's worth it to keep all of you going :)

Please keep up the great work every single label does. Us blood thirsty score craving fans love em! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:10 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:53 am 

Kind of a post scriptum. It might be more appropriate for people to view this promo backlash not as labels now casting stones at Perseverance but as labels having adapted to rules that changed many years ago, making the soundtrack industry today a richly exciting and competitive one that benefits all of us listeners with both studios and musicians happily on board. In a way it was once like the wild west with law and order finally coming in to sort things out for everyone. To try and continue as if things were still rooted in those early times runs counterproductive to what us and so many other terrific labels have since worked out with all the appropriate licensing parties. Entering into licensing agreements with studios and musicians as well as publishers are now the industry rules. Since they are reasonable rules to work with, it just isn't necessary to avoid them anymore. My feelings are that if a label can not obtain a license on a given project, it should simply tackle another one. Sooner or later legitimate deals will probably happen anyway, such as what finally happened with us and Disney, or with FSM and Rhino, or La La Land with Paramount from the beginning, and so forth. The system does work better now. I for one want to keep all the parties bargaining at the table... and I hope Perseverance will accept a seat at this table rather than duck under it.
--Doug

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:07 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:37 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:44 pm 

Cheap and underhanded as are a lot of things in this life.

Last edited by WorkingWithKnives on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:53 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:26 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:31 pm 

Good vibes from label to label. Gosh I love it! Keep up all the fantastic work you all do:) :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next