[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - FSM releases "The Wild Bunch" by Jerry Fielding (3cd box)

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: FSM releases "The Wild Bunch" by Jerry Fielding (3cd box)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:31 pm 

This is a Great release, can't wait to hear it!

Post subject: Re: FSM releases "The Wild Bunch" by Jerry Fielding (3cd box
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:07 pm 
This is a very nice surprise. The last I read over at the FSM forum, the prevailing assumption was that The Ten Commandments would be the label's final release. While a fine score, I much prefer this ultimate edition of The Wild Bunch.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:59 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:41 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
Funny thing is: the other day I pulled out the extended release of THE WILD BUNCH (the WB release from 1997) and thought: I'm sure one day now somebody will release THE WILD BUNCH again. It's a classic score that has seen only one expanded release (in a very limited edition before limited soundtrack editions of classic scores became the norm rather than the exception).

Same with ENTER THE DRAGON. Great release in any case.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:38 am 

Well, as someone who already considers The Ten Commandments to be "one of the greatest ever" I'm INCREDIBLY excited -- thanks for spilling the beans, Doug, as I've been wondering for a long time who this was coming from. Sorta hoped after that funny April Fools prank from several years back, Lukas actually *would* manage to put it out on FSM before the end, but I guess he's probably involved in this upcoming Intrada release at least.

Please say this will be an MAF title, Doug! Such a superb score deserves to be around forever like The Great Escape...

(And will it include a remastered version of the LP rerecording?)

Yavar

P.S. Though I like The Ten Commandments better than The Wild Bunch (at least for listening outside of the film), I think The Wild Bunch is a very fitting "final release" for the FSM label we owe so much to.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:00 am 
I understand that The Ten Commandments is universally lauded as one of the greatest. I've seen the film and even though I can understand its power and influence on others, I never really responded to the score that way on a personal level. Perhaps the film's pretentious nature lowered my perception of it a bit, and an album of the music will be far more flattering for my tastes.

Last edited by T. Newman Fan on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:07 am 

Picked up The Wild Bunch and thrilled to hear The Ten Commandments is coming soon (hopefully through Intrada or LLL)!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:57 pm 

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:08 pm 

Dougs comment makes me think of the recent Quo Vadis release. We really totally revised our perception of the score. I am excited to think that the same may be the case with a new "Ten Commandments". It already was so good and as my absolute favourite Bernstein is it possible that my opinion can be enhanced?.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:58 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y4nRVeMOnA

Still the best film music April Fools ever!

Glad that it's becoming a reality on Intrada soon.

Yavar

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]