[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - How's this for a find?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: How's this for a find?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:27 pm 

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:32 pm 

Found a massive 3 CD set of the Cannes 50th Anniversary Special on rfimusique label. This thing is packed full of music and dialogue excerpts from dozens of films from 1946 to 1997, everyone from Ennio Morricone to The Doors to Gene Kelly to Bernard Herrmann is in there. ($1.00)

Jacques Davidovici- Films (composer promo) $1.00

The next one reaches into oddball territory, it's a composer promo of music by Brahm Wenger, the guy who scored Air Bud ( :) ) and the Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen films ( :twisted: ). This 1996 disc precedes all of that horseshit, I'm hoping the cues are from the composers only IMDB credit from 1996, a Sidney J. Furie film, Hollow Point, starring Donald Sutherland. ($1.00)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:23 pm 

FYC disc of Lincoln (John Williams)

Had I found this recording a week ago I would have sent in my vote to the academy. :lol:

The track titles are a lot different than those on the commercial CD and contains 19 tracks.

$1.00 (US currency)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:36 pm 

Best find I ever had was about three months ago. I was perusing Amazon of all places and bought Intrada's first "Night Crossing" cd release in nm condition for $9.99.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:11 pm 

Did an internet search of the FYC disc of Lincoln, few weeks ago a copy sold for more than $600.00, another for over $500.00 and a couple more for $250.00 and up. Crazy. I'm proud to own a copy of this contemporary classic by the great American composer John Williams.

And to think that just a couple of days ago the last piece of music I ever listened to in this life was almost Investigation Of A Citizen Above Suspicion shortly before that dumb son of a bitch going 70 mph crashed and flipped his car about 25 feet from where I was sitting in my own car. Would have been an interesting piece of music to clock out on.

Last edited by WorkingWithKnives on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:03 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:34 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:55 pm 

Recently the RCA Italian vinyl pressing of Homo Eroticus (Armando Trovioli) for a little under $30.00 US currency. Rest in peace Armando who passed a way just a couple of weeks ago.

The next one is unmentionable on this forum. It's the un-official CD of a score composed by the same guy who scored the Hitchcock film about a guy named Norman, this score is from the film about a psychotic named Max who terrorizes the family of a lawyer, the film was remade in 1991 by the Italian guy who talks really fast. ($8.00 US currency)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:46 pm 

Bought this about a week ago...

Songwriter and actor Jester Hairston whose singing voice was dubbed to Sidney Poitier in the 1963 film Lilies Of The Fields. I'm assuming the LP is extemely rare as there is no info online other than my own recent submission to Discogs. The back cover is plain white with no text. Recorded at the Fullerton California Junior College auditorium on March 17, 1961.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:27 pm 

Well I've been finding a number of weird unusual film music recordings, a composer promo of a guy who scores contemporary American TV commercials, this one is so God awful bad I won't even mention the guys name. This type of horseshit is the reason why I mute the audio during the commercials.

Onto the good stuff...

A composer promo CD from about 2000 of music by Brian Tyler

Doctor Faustus - Mario Nascimbene; On the back is an inscription, looks to be autographed by the composer, it's in bold ink but I can't quite make out what it says. The LP is a British pressing with laminated cover.

The next one is something else! The soundtrack recording to the 1980 film Falling In Love Again composed by Michel Legrand starring Michelle Pfeiffer and Elliot Gould. The 15 track LP is a private pressing from the production company, my guess is it's a cast and crew givaway. It's in a plain white sleeve, the label offers no track titles and credits a title song sung by Johnny Mathis.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:36 pm 

Brave (Patrick Doyle) For Your Consideration CD. Bought a copy of this today for $2.00.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:44 am 

My last two best cd finds were both on Ebay:

"La Nouvelle Guerre Des Boutons" (War of Buttons) by Philippe Rombi Mint condition for 1 cent.

"Angela's Ashes" by John Williams (Paramount Promo - score only) Brand New
"The Boy Who Could Fly" by Bruce Broughton (Percepto Expanded score) Brand New - Both cd's for $14.95.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:50 am 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:35 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:29 pm 

A Couple of good Ebay Purchases

"How the West Was Won" - Alfred Newman (Double cd Release) for $9.00
"Far From the Madding Crowd" - Richard Rodney Bennett (Sony Expanded Release) for $9.99

Both in Mint Condition

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:50 pm 

"A Summer Story" - Georges Delerue - $20.00
"The Return of the Three Musketeers" - Jean Claude Petit - $9.00

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next