[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - How many Goldsmiths are there left?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: How many Goldsmiths are there left?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:36 pm 
I think we are extremely fortunate just to have a "Deluxe Edition" at all for some of these scores. There is so much else for the labels to do well that I find it best not to dwell on a little bit of missing music in already well expanded editions (The Omen and Poltergeist II come to mind) that can be bought for a very reasonable amount of money.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:58 am 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:32 pm 

I wish it was economically feasible to keep all these great scores in print. I strongly dislike seeing things fall out of production, although I know why they do. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:25 pm 

Hi Conrad -- I think your Goldsmith table is indispensable, so was wondering if I could talk you into doing another one...I followed up my "What Goldsmith scores are left" post on the FSM board with a new one for Poledouris here:
http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts ... &archive=0

Assuming you share my enthusiasm for Basil, would you be willing to give him the same treatment on this board that you did Goldsmith? It should be a lot less time consuming because he was active for fewer years and also wrote fewer scores per year...

Yavar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:37 pm 

Hi Yavar

Don't tempt me - you know how much I enjoy making lists! :D

I am fond of Basil's work. Breakdown is one of my personal favourite scores ... all three of them :lol: I'm not very well-versed in his discography at all, but I will read your FSM post and have a go ...

Conrad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:20 am 

That'd be wonderful, Conrad! Just keep in mind my FSM post is a different focus from what you've done here, in that I don't include anything that has had a definitive release (and in this case I also omitted Conan the Destroyer because we know that it's coming for sure).

Yavar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:14 am 

Yeah, I went and did another...Rozsa this time:
http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts ... &archive=0

Would love for you to do a counterpart here if you dig Rozsa enough. I promise I won't be doing many more of these...I was contemplating doing an Elmer Bernstein one and might just stop there.

Yavar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:51 am 

Updated to include 'Gladiator' - another unreleased gem to discover (or at least enjoy legitimately)! :D

Looks like 'The Challenge' is coming from La La Land in March, too - not a score I'm familiar with because I missed out on the Prometheus release and have never seen the film. I like what I heard on YouTube though, and it'll be nice to have another early 80s Goldsmith back in print.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:09 pm 

And we'll be knocking out another 5 or 6 Goldsmith titles in the next few weeks. Some revisits, so premieres. Turned into a very Goldsmith heavy season for some reason.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:38 pm 

It's getting difficult to catch up with it all but bring them on! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:07 pm 
We know that the Flint LPs have been in the works at Intrada, and will hopefully be released together. I wonder if a legitimate Sebastian from actual tapes is in the mix?

Another premiere of an early TV movie score or two would be nice.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:53 pm 

I really hope that means we have a Psycho II and a Supergirl completely complete editions in the VERY near future! :D :) :o 8) :P :twisted: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:01 am 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:19 am 

Great! Hopefully complete PSYCHO 2 is one of them... ;)
or THE LONELY GUY and PETER PROUD, of course... and SALAMANDER... unless those are missing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:17 pm 

THE PRISONER

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next