[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Miklos Rozsa's THE RED HOUSE

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Miklos Rozsa's THE RED HOUSE
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:31 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

THE RED HOUSE
Composed by MIKLOS ROZSA
Conducted by ALLAN WILSON
Performed by ROYAL SCOTTISH NATIONAL ORCHESTRA
WINCHESTER CATHEDRAL CHAMBER CHOIR

Intrada's latest release in its Excalibur Collection features the premiere of Miklos Rozsa's complete score to the 1947 film The Red House. The Red House stands as one of Miklos Rozsa's most substantial opuses. In no other film of his psychological genre had the composer been offered such a wide spectrum of cinematic pictures to paint musically: from broad pastel scenes of nature, to intimate relationships between the dramatis personae, to moments of exciting physical action and suspense. Most significantly, because it brought the thoughts, fears, and passions of the human subconscious into sharp focus, Miklos Rozsa's music for The Red House must truly be considered the most psychological of all his psychological film scores. The film needed music capable of rich scenic imagery, unnerving mystery and suspense, and potent lyrical passion. Rozsa delivered what some claim to be his greatest score. And it was this passion that drove producer Kevin Kaska and executive producers Paul Talkington and Paul Wing to completely restore the music and engage the Royal Scottish National Orchestra in recording every note. including the unique sound of the theremin which Rozsa used when exploring matters of the mind. The orchestra delivered a spirited, powerful performance that rivals the stunning suite recorded by Charles Gerhardt decades ago.

The Red House, based on a novel by George Agnew Chamberlain and directed by Delmer Daves, tells the story of Pete Morgan (Edward G. Robinson), a reclusive farmer who harbors grim secrets and memories of long-ago love, passion, and murder. He and his devoted sister Ellen (Judith Anderson) have lived years trying to prevent their adopted daughter Meg (Allene Roberts) from learning the truth about her real parents. Meg comes of age, and with the help of her newfound boyfriend Nath Storm (Lon McCallister), becomes determined to unearth the connection between her childhood past, Pete's tightly kept dark mysteries, and a forbidden red house lodged deep within the surrounding Oxhead Woods

INTRADA
Retail Price: $19.99
AVAILABLE NOW
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7847/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Miklos Rozsa's THE RED HOUSE
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:10 pm 

Billiant, well done...ordered! :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:14 pm 

Those samples sound absolutely stellar! I love the use of the theremin.
This will definitely be mine.
Thanks to everyone involved in bringing this project to life.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:35 pm 

SO how long is it exactly?

For whatever reason so many people think the maximum length of a CD is 80 minutes, when it's not. I have MANY CDs that go above it -- the actual maximum is 82:30. I in fact have one that clocks in at 82:27.

Obviously this knowledge is too late now, and I can't imagine the cost difference is that much (maybe a couple hundred bucks?)

Still, one disc or two, I'm sure this is a top notch production -- a quick sampling of the samples reveals Rozsa being Rozsa in great sound. So yeah. Very much looking forward to getting this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:04 pm 

The samples sound really terrific, can't wait to get this one, thanks again Intrada!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:03 pm 

This sounds absolutely fantastic!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:10 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:58 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:17 pm 

Wow. Very cool samples. Brought me back to a time when I was discovering Rozsa's earlier works for the first time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:21 am 

I can honestly say I've never heard of the film or the score, but those samples are outstanding!

I'll be adding it to my next order.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:14 pm 

I just took a ride through Rozsa's "THE RED HOUSE". The music score is breathtakingly gorgeous a powerhouse, a genuine Masterwork . The recorded sound is beyond reproach it is dynamic, rich, powerful and brilliant. I would hasten to state that the recording is clearly flawless and deserves all the attention and merit it can and will receive.

Thanks and plaudits to all you people at Intrada to make this possible.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:02 am 

Uuhhhh... *ahem* wow. This sounds wonderful! I wish I didn't have a pile of work to do so I could crank this thing. Whatever bout of fiscal insanity inspired this rerecording, I'm loving the result!! Thanks, guys! :D

All things being equal, are you gonna do any more?

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:12 pm 

Miklos Rozsa's score to THE RED HOUSE is stunningly gorgeous. Those involved in this re-recording deserve enormous credit for a job superbly done. I hope next year Intrada will re-record more Rozsa brilliance. I would love to see SAHARA , FIVE GRAVES TO CAIRO, BLOOD ON THE SUN among others of course. The age factor on the previous CD of BLOOD ON THE SUN leaves a lot to be desired. Oh well, back to a magnificent listening experience, THE RED HOUSE.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:50 pm 

I am in Rapture listening this evening. Just supreme. Just stellar.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:34 am 

Parroting the above posts - I always loved the Gerhardt suite, and this is one that
VERY much deserved a revisit. Home run!!! Flawless victory!!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next