[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Bill Conti's MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Bill Conti's MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:00 pm 

INTRADA Announces

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
Music Composed by BILL CONTI
INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 205

Back by popular demand is Bill Conti's large symphonic score to the 1987 live-action He-Man adventure Masters of the Universe. This marks the fourth appearance of Bill Conti's enduring score on CD, featuring the complete program of this large and thrilling work on a single disc. Bill Conti's epic score is a highlight of late '80s scoring. Yet more important than giving Masters Of The Universe the breathlessly energetic, theme-filled feeling of a major symphonic blockbuster, Conti provided an earnestly valiant heart to the characters with music that is full of emotional commitment. The composer’s power has sold out every past soundtrack release of Masters Of The Universe, and the fans’ fondness towards the movie has endured just as strongly.

The story has He-Man (Dolph Lundgren in his first starring role since playing the villainous Ivan Drago in Rocky IV) accidentally transported to Earth by a cosmic key, which Skeletor needs to complete his conquest of the universe. The race is on between He-Man and Skeletor to find this all-powerful key.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 205
Retail Price: $19.99
Available Now
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7683/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Bill Conti's MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:11 pm 

Ordered! Thanks Roger! It will be nice to listen to the whole score without changing discs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:24 pm 

Wonderful!

The one OOP La La Land I wanted and never managed to find (for a fair price anyway!), and now it's here!

I'm currently synching my Intrada purchases to when a title I want goes into the going-OOP phase, so I'll probably add this into my next order in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for bringing this back again, Roger (and Doug, Jeff, everyone else) - really looking forward to getting this!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:02 pm 

Well, this is a pleasant surprise.

Unfortunately for Intrada, I already have the LLLR edition, so I'll not be ordering.

But it really is a fun score, and this looks like a great presentation of it.

Enjoy guys. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:11 pm 

Have the previous releases (all of them) for this fantastic score... and, yes, will be picking this up as well. Have to have the Intrada version of it. :) Thanks Doug, Roger and hamsters... Bill Conti turned in a spectacular, rousing score (one of my favorites)...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:28 pm 

My favorite Bill Conti's score back in print with the most stunning art ever -- using the original MOTU logo for the first time: ORDERED!

:D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:38 pm 

"Indentical" means same mastering yes?
Sound seems a bit 'boomy' but I just checked my own rip from the Lala and it appears to in fact be the same (not to mention a strange dropout in 'Battle at the Gym' that seems to be there int he Lala)...

So, as I've stated before that if something I have the redundant album version ever gets released without it, I'd buy it again.

Thus, I shall buy this again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:52 am 

More clever presentation on only one CD and beautiful complete artwork from Drew Struzan, but sorry I won't buy it again just to avoid to change the CD. I'm not that lazy... :mrgreen:
Happy for all that were searching for this fantastic score, one of the best heroic fantasy score from the 80's !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:49 am 

I never had this album, so I'm happy to be getting this.

Thanks Doug and Roger for getting this one back out to us...order placed!...:-)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:16 am 

Has Intrada made any efforts to try to adjust the bad pick-ups and fades within some of the tracks?
I know most imperfections are on the original recording and not much could be done if the source is what it is...
But just want to know if the Intrada master is exactly the same as the LLL (made by James Nelson I think)
or if it's new with some kind of adjustments (re-mastered)?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:57 pm 

I highly recommend this one: if you like the scale of the Star Trek movie scores, if you like Star Wars, I you like Holst, then you have to pick this one! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:21 am 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:49 am 

Is there anyone who can tell me how many pages the booklet is?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]