[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - How's this for a find?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: How's this for a find?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:59 am 

Holy Grails: PSYIII/ESC TO ATHENA/M'RAKER/WILD GEESE II/NIGHTGEN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:42 pm 

FYC promotional disc of Catch Me If You Can (John Williams)

Early US Miramax promotional disc of Life Is Beautiful (Nicola Piovani) with a different cover design than the later US release. This one I'm happy to find as the film and score is a personal favorite.

$1.00 US currency each.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:46 pm 

Regarding the BLUE THUNDER Super Tracks promo CD, there are actually two different pressings. Check out this post by Stephen Lister on the FSM board:

Posted: Oct 28, 2005 - 11:02 PM
By: Stephen Lister

I picked this up recently, even though I have the original BLUE THUNDER promo from a few years back. I love the score and wanted a spare copy, and it's a nice price. This recent release is a legit pressed CD, and sounds exactly like the original.

There are a couple of cosmetic differences in the packaging. The composer's name is much smaller on the spine of the new one. And the serial number on the inner ring of the CD is different. So it's not from exactly the same batch as the original hard-to-find pressing.

Source: http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p ... &archive=1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:41 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:45 pm 

Last edited by WorkingWithKnives on Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:52 pm 

The original 1988 Preamble disc of The Best Years Of Our Lives (Hugo Friedhofer) $9.00.

The original 1995 Prometheus disc of Platoon/Salvador (Georges Delerue) $2.00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:03 pm 

I think these LPs are definately worthy of mention...

Stairway Of The Stars 1966 (Guest Conductor, Alfred Newman)
Stairway Of The Stars 1969 (Guest Conductor, Ferde Grofe)
Stairway Of The Stars 1971 (Guest Conductor, Nelson Riddle)

Producted by the Santa Monica, California Unified School. An annual concert back in the day of junior high school bands with guest conductors. Now I'm wondering what others are floating around out there in vinyl limbo... Miklos Rozsa, Elmer Bernstein... maybe Jerry Goldsmith conducting those little sob's???

$1.00 each/LPs in mint condition and the Nelson Riddle has the original shrink wrap.

Last edited by WorkingWithKnives on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:59 pm 

And to those interested in seeing a couple of cover scans...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:37 am 

"Now I'm wondering what others are floating around out there in vinyl limbo... Miklos Rozsa, Elmer Bernstein... maybe Jerry Goldsmith conducting those little sob's??? "

Actually, some guy on ebay has one of this series conducted by Ernest Gold. And he wants like $100.00 for it. Talk about sobs.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:37 am 

Just received the 2004 Varèse edition of THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN in perfectly mint condition. No find, mere eBay. 5€ (≈ $6.50) all inclusive. I'm happy. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:05 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:54 am 

Got a new copy of Miklos Rozsa Treasury from a friend who wanted to get rid of it to buy new releases. Box wasn´t sealed anymore but i only had to pay 80 $. Four weeks ago i bought a copy of North´Under the volcano for 18 $. Happy and waiting for more things to come

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:40 pm 

Yup, I can verify that the Ernest Gold LP "Stairway of the Stars" (1964) is about to end on ebay. Mr Gold conducts the Santa Monica Unified School District orchestra and choruses in The Exodus Song and Mad, Mad World Waltz. I'd like to hear it. $100 bucks is steep. I'd also like to to get a copy of "Good Luck, Mrs Wyckoff" on vinyl without being bled for it.

And then I think I'll have everything on Gold. On vinyl.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:05 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:53 pm 

Picked up some production music LPs for cheap with a lot of odd cues from whatever obscure films they were created for. One has several tracks of Piero Umiliani music which immediately caught my attention as well as several other composers I haven't heard of.

Found an Armando Trovojoli LP on RCA from 1959 (A Night In Naples) in absolute pristine condition.

Bought a couple of CDs on the Quartet label factory sealed for next to nothing ($5.00 each). This led to my seeking out a couple more online for the usual going rate of twenty smacks across the ass each plus shipping. I try not to pay much attention to a lot of stuff being released as I don't want to get too enthusiastic about what I can't afford. Very nice, well produced quality discs as I'm sure many people here already know.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next