[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Randy Newman's TOY STORY 3

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Randy Newman's TOY STORY 3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:31 pm 

INTRADA
Announces:

TOY STORY 3
Music Composed and Conducted by RANDY NEWMAN
INTRADA/DISNEY D001734402

Toy Story 3 demanded that Randy not only write a great deal of music, but a
great deal of very diverse music. It needed to be nostalgic, funny, genre-crossing,
and full of action and intense drama. But most importantly, it needed to melt your
heart. -- Lee Unkrich, Director

Intrada is pleased to announce our latest release in conjunction with Walt Disney Records, Randy Newman's score for Toy Story 3. As with the previous Toy Story scores, Newman composed for large orchestra, bringing an epic scope to the animated antics of Woody, Buzz and the other toys. Only in this film, the stakes were higher and the action more intense, requiring Newman to step it up, as the director noted above. And on top of all that, no Toy Story score would be complete without an original song composed and performed by Randy Newman, and this one is no exception, featuring "We Belong Together." The soundtrack also includes :"You've Got a Friend in Me" performed by the Gipsy Kings.

In Toy Story 3, as Andy prepares to leave for college and his toys are packed up for long-term storage, they are mistakenly delivered to a day-care center, where a whole host of resident toys rule with an iron first. Things seem pleasant enough at first, but turn oppressive quickly and it's up to Woody, Buzz, and friends to set things right.

INTRADA/DISNEY D001734402
Retail Price: $19.99
Available Now
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7432/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Randy Newman's TOY STORY 3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:35 pm 

Wow! Definite order from me on this one. I was very disappointed that this didn't come out on CD a year and a half ago... thankfully rectified now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:41 pm 

Fan-tas-tic! Thank you, Mr. Newman, for writing such wonderful music; thank you, Walt Disney Pictures and Pixar, for taking a huge chance on a sequel to such a successful pair of films and for offering this wonderful score, via CD, to the public, and thank you, Intrada, for working so hard on getting this great music to all your fans!

How's it said around here? Ordered!

Last edited by Azella on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:42 pm 

What's up with the odd cover covering their crotches? Just really stood out to me, that's all.

EDIT: Could you say it's covering his ... Woody?

THE PRISONER

Last edited by tharpdevenport on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:02 pm 

Fantastic release!!!
and, I too, am dumbfounded by the simplistic cover.
Perhaps it is just a reproduction of what was issued during the initial MP3 phase of this release...
Oh, well...
Fantastic release!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:08 pm 

Come on, guys. Let's support Disney and/or Intrada with these decisions. We want these titles on disc, right? The cover looks great, and I'm glad Intrada and Disney are a team! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:10 pm 

Of course we do, but we just hope that when "The Little Mermaid" comes about, it's not plastered across her chest.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:47 pm 

That's very amusing. I just hope Watcher in the Woods comes first!

Thanks Intrada. That final track in the theatre gave me the vapors!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:51 pm 

So glad to see Randy Newman's TOY STORY 3 finally released. :) Thanks so much Intrada/Disney. Over the years I have always loved Mr. Newman's Pixar scores. Always great fun. 2012 continues with another terrific release. EXCELLENT!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:35 pm 

I still can't believe how incredible it is to see such a mammoth title like this on Intrada's home page! Again, congratulations on this release/partnership, and here's hoping for a successful run on this title. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:40 am 

Nice to see Woody & the gang finally break out of the Disney vault to complete the trilogy

With a little help from Intrada/Disney of course

Ordered!!

Hope we see Silvestri's A Christmas Carol in the months ahead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:17 am 

Thanks for another great Disney/Intrada release! I have complained to my wife about the fact this was a digital only release ever since the day it came out...so my wife thanks you because she won't have to hear me complain any more!!!

So very ordered.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:52 am 

Sensational release ! :shock:
Toy Story 3 was one of my favorite movies and scores of 2010. I was very disappointed when I learnt that no CD was released or planned for Randy Newman's awesome final effort for the trilogy. It was as if no Return of the Jedi or no BTTF 3 soundtracks was released at the time. I sadly realized in what time we live : in a time where mp3 rules and the high quality of a CD is underestimated ! Thanks to Intrada, our time is now a better time for film music lovers. ^^

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:18 am 

Holy quick shipping Batman!!! I have my TS3 CD in hand here in Ohio already. Thanks again Doug, Roger, and Disney for making it happen!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:32 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next