[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Joel McNeely's SQUANTO: A WARRIOR'S TALE

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Joel McNeely's SQUANTO: A WARRIOR'S TA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:46 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:34 pm 

So how's it selling? I'm going to buy this but I'd rather not be pressured to right this second as it were.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:27 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:34 am 

I started listening to mine this morning, and it is excellent...VERY enjoyable! Thanks for doing it again Intrada, you guys are great!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:58 pm 

Wow, great day. It is the weekend!! Upon my arrival at home, I found a box from
Intrada, the kids were at work or over at a friends and the wife is shopping with her
mother!! What time is it??? Yea, I am sitting on the couch in front of the stereo,
blaring SQUANTO! This is an excellent score and I am listening to it full force!!

Thank you Intrada, I have been waiting for this one since 94'!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:19 pm 

I am so surprised that this has not sold out yet. I remember seeing this picture when it first came out. McNeely turned in a marvelous score (as usual).

Glad I got it ordered... now waiting (impatiently) for it to arrive.

Been a fan of his for a long time... first thing I remember was his music to the NBC drama, OUR HOUSE, that aired in the late 80's... Along with his great (and vastly under-rated/appreciated) film scores... let us not forget his work with Laurence Rosenthal on THE YOUNG INDIANA JONES CHRONICLES... and last but not least his awesome Bernard Herrmann re-recordings from years past.

Sorry, off on a tangent.

Once again... so looking forward to this to arrive...

Last edited by redokt64 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:30 am 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:34 pm 

I just wanted to say thanks.

This wasn't a score I was familiar with at all. But being a McNeely fan, I splurged...couldn't really afford it, but, what the heck. And damn what a tremendous album this is ! This is really a gem, a forgotten gem...everyone wants Goldsmith, Williams, big box sets, and here is a score some have asked for, but I don't think it was at the top of the big want lists.

Everyday , when do we get The Black Hole etc. But here , this one is just wonderful, such great music. Who'd have expected it?

This is why I love collecting movie music. This is it exactly. Thanks Doug, Roger, thanks for making splendid albums like this.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:56 pm 

Ditto the above- I haven't met a McNeely I didn't like, think he's really
underrated, even moreso now that his style doesn't play in Hollywood
anymore, and LOVED this album. For all youse guys complaining about
wanting big orchestras (Doug - dude - did they REALLY use 121 players
on this one, or was it another session where the dates were spread out?),
and memorable themes, bracing action cues.....this one is a home run.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:20 am 

A home run indeed. I'd known of the score by reputation only; it was lauded by an enthusiastic few. The sound samples won me over. I received this disc on Saturday and listened to it all day on Sunday, over and over.

If you're on the fence about getting it, get off. It's great.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:11 pm 

This disc is now playing on my hifi system... for the 5th time ! This is just amazing... how could such a gem remain hidden for so many years. This is easily one of the most inspiring score I've ever heard from the 90's... You have everything a good adventure score should be : rousing action, sweeping melodies, exotic instruments, symphonic-moving-epic sound all over... Thank you Joel McNeely and Intrada for spreading this gorgeous diamond of the 90's film music. This disc should be in every soundtrack collection ! Yeah it's that good. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:03 pm 

Still waiting for my copy to arrive. I think it got lost in the mail.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:48 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:48 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:42 pm 

Thanks, I will do so.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next