Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:56 pm 

I've always been frustrated by the "non ending" aspect of Varèse's Robocop CD. This is one of the biggest SF score of the 80's, so we're very lucky it can have the Intrada treatment at last !... :D

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:06 pm 

Don't know if Roger will be inclined to answer, but:

Are there anymore Poledouris' on the horizon?

THE PRISONER

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:29 pm 

Roger Feigelson wrote:
Well, if we were doing ROBOCOP...and I haven't said if we are or we aren't, it might look something like this:

Outstanding cover. Always loved that poster art.

One question though; outside of the Excalibur collection, have you ever put the 'Played By' credit on the front cover before?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:34 pm 

I always loved Intrada's cover artworks but this is the best SO FAR!! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:25 pm 

Kirk wrote:
The Robo cover looks great. l don´t have any previous releases of the RoboCop score. I hoped for an expanded version and now it seems to become reality. I´m looking forward to it.... (yes and RoboCop 3 would also be great in a complete version instead of the short Varese CD :-)

ROBO 3 definitely needs an expansion. So does ROBO 2 -- which I know is the score everyone loves to hate, but I love it! And the complete elements do exist, but Varese has the rights to both in perpetuity. So Bob would need to be interested and need to make the time. Keep your fingers crossed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:34 pm 

I'm hoping the intro to Van Chase has been restored. The edit right after the main title was real clunky on the Varese edition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:51 pm 

Roger Feigelson wrote:
ROBO 3 definitely needs an expansion. So does ROBO 2 -- which I know is the score everyone loves to hate, but I love it! And the complete elements do exist, but Varese has the rights to both in perpetuity. So Bob would need to be interested and need to make the time. Keep your fingers crossed!

If it weren't for those horrible singers during the overture, it would be just fine. They completely rob the music of any dignity. If it were to ever see any kind of re-release a vocal-less version should be included as a bonus track.

RoboCop 2 is a very different score to the first, but it works great in the film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:30 pm 

I could never understand why B.P. never became a hugely sucessful A listed composer. He richly deserved the recognition and was a brilliant composer probably my favorite since the advent of Goldsmith.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:44 pm 

I'm extremely satisfied with this artwork! I can't help but notice how amazingly rich those colors have been restored, or how the original artwork has been tucked so nicely between the captions, or text. I was imagining they would have to lose some of the depth of the image, but it turned out well. Nice job, Joe. Personally, this score remains one of my favorite of Poledouris' filmography (although Lassie still reigns supreme for me), so Intrada, thanks a ton, for bringing this score to light -- at least the way it deserved to be brought. And let's hope Bob and the gang can get the sequels delivered into the same fashion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:05 am 

Nick wrote:
Roger Feigelson wrote:

If it weren't for those horrible singers during the overture, it would be just fine. They completely rob the music of any dignity. If it were to ever see any kind of re-release a vocal-less version should be included as a bonus track.

RoboCop 2 is a very different score to the first, but it works great in the film.

Roooo-booo-Coooop!!!

I love it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:24 pm 

Splendid !

Howcome Varèse did not do a full release last time?
( I made a CD-R copy of it and tagged the end credits after recording them off the DVD. )

likes Rosenman's second score, too

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:11 pm 

Gator MacReady wrote:
Nick wrote:
Roger Feigelson wrote:

Roooo-booo-Coooop!!!

I love it.

One can hope he recorded the vocals seperately, and the vocal version would be sidelined as a "bonus" track on any future CD. Or that maybe the bad idea was a film's producer, and that there is, somewhere, an original un-used cue(s) as intended.

THE PRISONER

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:32 pm 

Great news for the Robocop score... And, hopefully 2 and 3 will have some renewed interest in expansion. Now, if only Starship Troopers could get the same treatment??? Mammoth score, tiny (running time) sdtk release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm 

redokt64 wrote:
Great news for the Robocop score... And, hopefully 2 and 3 will have some renewed interest in expansion. Now, if only Starship Troopers could get the same treatment??? Mammoth score, tiny (running time) sdtk release.

I bet Bob would need to do that one. Great score, yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:13 pm 

I think it's wishful thinking to believe that the "Rooo-booo-cooop!" vocals on Rosenman's end title were somebody else's idea forced on him. And assuming they were Rosenman's idea, well, that's how they should remain.

That said, I think most of the score is just fine, but those titles are excruciating to me. I'm a big Rosenman fan, but I cannot make any excuses for that choice. To me, the vocals don't work on any level. They are extremely corny, and even musically uninteresting. And since they lead off the soundtrack album, they poison the rest of the score, a score that has much to recommend.

I do think that the score was further poisoned for a lot of fans when Rosenman unattractively disparaged Poledouris's score for the first film in an interview in a film music magazine.

I do like most of Rosenman's score (though not as much as Poledouris's), but I have to skip the first track. I'll also admit I'm not much of a fan of the score for the third film. But by then, all the interest in the character had long since vanished.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next