Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: When soundtracks have to be put down...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 7:19 am
Posts: 19
I also ma curious about end of life care for soundtrack albums. We have all come across CDs or LPs that have cuts, or holepunches through them. Are you able to tell us what happens when a soundtrack's life reaches an end?

Specifically curious if retailers are required to "return" unsold product to the producer - or if they are advised that they are to holepunch/destroy etc items in writing, or if they have a countdown calendar somewhere...

Thanks again Doc!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: When soundtracks have to be put down...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 12:10 pm
Posts: 22
ryanpaquet wrote:
I also ma curious about end of life care for soundtrack albums. We have all come across CDs or LPs that have cuts, or holepunches through them. Are you able to tell us what happens when a soundtrack's life reaches an end?

Specifically curious if retailers are required to "return" unsold product to the producer - or if they are advised that they are to holepunch/destroy etc items in writing, or if they have a countdown calendar somewhere...

Thanks again Doc!


It all depends on how many are left. Sometimes copies are sent to the composers or the studio or recycled for their jewel cases and trashed. Or they sell out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: When soundtracks have to be put down...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 541
Location: Darwen, UK
Soundtrack Doctor wrote:
It all depends on how many are left. Sometimes copies are sent to the composers or the studio or recycled for their jewel cases and trashed. Or they sell out.


Are you able to say what the least popular soundtrack of Intrada's long history is, according to sales?

_________________
Grail: ONE OF OUR DINOSAURS IS MISSING (Ron Goodwin)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: When soundtracks have to be put down...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 12:10 pm
Posts: 22
litefoot wrote:
Soundtrack Doctor wrote:
It all depends on how many are left. Sometimes copies are sent to the composers or the studio or recycled for their jewel cases and trashed. Or they sell out.


Are you able to say what the least popular soundtrack of Intrada's long history is, according to sales?


That would be really hard to say without trolling through lots of sales data. But usually smaller independent films by less tenured composers are harder sells.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: When soundtracks have to be put down...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:23 am
Posts: 1082
Location: Los Angeles
I read somewhere the Japanese never discounted or "cut out" their unsold LPs, they simply melted and recycled the vinyl! :shock:

_________________
"I used to worry about losing my mind. Now that I've lost it I don't worry about it anymore." -Wavy Gravy


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group