[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - How many new cd's purchased in 2006

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: How many new cd's purchased in 2006
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:59 am 

As I listened to my latest order from Intrada last night, I counted the number of new cd's added in 2006 and came up with 167. No wonder I have to keep buying new cd racks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:48 am 
I'm not sure, I don't keep track any more. Well over a hundred though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:26 pm 

I used to buy a hell of a lot, but I've cut down massively this year. This month I've only had five new CDs (and that includes a trawl round the Boxing Day sales which netted me a grand total of ONE disc - Kamen's BAND OF BROTHERS).

NP: TORN CURTAIN (Bernard Herrmann; NPO/McNeely)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:08 pm 

393 received so far, few more ordered and on the way :oops:

some of them very cheap stuff from ebay for few cents, on the other hand some more expensive stuff...

Dien Bien Phu, Toy Soldiers, original Inchon, King Solomon's Mines, Where the River runs black, Superman The Movie (Rhino), Tours du Monde Tours du Ciel, General with Cocked Eyed id, Night Crossing expanded, Warlock, Conan the Barbarian (Varese), Fools of Fortune, Cinema Septet, Chinatown, Innerspace, Twilight's last Gleaming, Last Run / Wild Rovers, Bad Girls, Gremlins, Cent Mille Dollars au SOleil/Paul Gaugin, Lonely are the brave, Powder, Fille de D'Artagnan, Max and Helen, Def Con 4, Cartouche,...

quite a successful year if I forget that Inchon/King Solomon experience :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:21 pm 

Jerry Goldsmith, Joel Goldsmith, John Williams, Elmer Bernstein,Michael Giacchino,Scott Glasgow,Alan Silvestri, Bernard Herrmann, Christopher Young, Bruce Broughton,Ennio Morricone and a host of others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:18 pm 

What with Roger's thread and yours, I decided to make a list of this year's CD purchases, out of curiosity...

Total ordered: 139 (yet to be received).

Places I have most ordered from (CD: one or more actual CDs in the album, and regardless of the number of scores presented):
BuySoundtrax-- 34 CDs (24.46%)
Intrada-- 33 CDs (23.74%)
SAE-- 28 CDs (20.14%)
Varèse-- 17 CDs (12.23%)

Really close, isn't it? BuySoundtrax got an edge with all their special offers (which also accounts for the overall number of CDs bought: $9 instead of $16-19 is hard to pass); SAE also had two big ones, bookending the year (the Omega Man and Bernstein set offers).
Intrada had no offers, but lots of great releases-- meaning it's not for a discount that I kept going back to them, but to get some great release they had just announced, plus a couple of CDs to balance the shipping costs; in other words, without BuySoundtrax and FSM/SAE's offers, Intrada would be well ahead, thanks only to their own releases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:19 pm 

Early 2006 I had about 300 original CDs (more or less) and now I ended up with a total of 353 (counting stuff like 2-CD sets or the Elmer Bernstein FMC as one), so I must have bought something like 40 or 50 discs this year. And I must say some of them are among the best CDs I have ever purchased. Great offerings during the entire year from all labels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:20 pm 

I've bought close to 40.

I've slowed down my buying over the last 5 years. I've been trying to make more of an effort to buy fewer and listen to them instead of having a stack of 100 CDs that will sit there for 6 months and then I have to find time to listen to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:52 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:10 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:57 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:18 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:51 am 

While I'm far from being rich, my wife and I earn a comfortable living that allows me to indulge in my film music habit, as well as her hobbies.

It's no more expensive than say model railroading or a host of other hobbies one might take seriously.

Plus credit cards are helpful... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:03 am 
I don't have too many other hobbies, I pay my bills and buy the necessities (food, clothes etc.) before spending any money on my hobbies - so I can see what "spare" money I have, and I know what I can spend. I'm just very disciplined with my budgeting, and I've never landed up in trouble yet. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:10 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next