[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Mixing issues on the new Bernard Herrmann’s release

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mixing issues on the new Bernard Herrmann’s release
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 12:16 pm 

I’ve been having a blast with the new Intrada recording, really great stuff. That being said I have noticed an issue with the mixing that is hard to ignore now. I’m not the best at explaining this in-depth so I’ll link the comments that can:

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php? ... nt=1955226

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php? ... nt=1955435

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php? ... nt=1955437

Is there a way these phasing issues can be fixed soon? They’re very distracting from an otherwise perfect recording.

Post subject: Re: Mixing issues on the new Bernard Herrmann’s release
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 10:19 am 

Thanks for that information! I won't buy this until the issue has been resolved! :)

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 5:46 pm 

Great, I'll never not notice it now. Ignorance was truly bliss.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 11:29 am 

Uuups! I've just ordered it right now.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 7:56 am 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 12:13 pm 

Well.... I listened to the entire album on youtube last night, and I think the OP needs a laxative.... I heard NOTHING that sounded muffled, pinched or anything bad(My hearing is so good, that I can hear a booger hit the wall when I flick it off my finger! :D)! In fact, it sounds GREAT! :) Can't wait to pick this up!!!!!!!

Last edited by Terry Cloth on Mon May 15, 2023 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 12:23 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 2:18 pm 

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 4:20 pm 

It is absolutely ridiculous and frankly silly to raise a silly issue such as this given the love and labor that went into this superb recording. Kudos to everyone involved and looking forward to whatever the next Kickstarter project may be.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 9:09 am 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 12:47 am 

I've been making my living with my ears for the past thirty-three years - and I don't hear anything untoward, sorry. If it's there it's so minor as not to be an issue at all. I know what "phasing" is and I'm not hearing that at ALL.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 4:16 pm 

We all hear differently. I was surprised to learn that some people could not hear the clicking artifacts on select Intrada titles, especially with Legal Eagles which is the most egregious example by far.

There are also some albums of Alan Silvestri scores from the ‘80s and early '90s that contain lots of noise in certain frequency ranges that many individuals cannot hear.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 2:04 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
I tried to confirm the "very noticeable" issues this recording is supposed to have, but even being "primed" to hear an issue, I just don't hear an issue. The recordings sounds fine to me.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 10:22 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]