[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - New Kickstarter Poll!

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 

Which one title would you like to see in our next Kickstarter?
Poll ended at Tue May 30, 2023 9:40 am
The Big Sleep (Max Steiner) 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Jungle Book (Miklos Rozsa) 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
The Haunting (Humphre Searle) 14%  14%  [ 11 ]
Kings of the Sun (Elmer Bernstein) 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Night of the Hunter (Walter Schumann) 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
The Chairman (Jerry Goldsmith) 21%  21%  [ 16 ]
Samson and Delilah (Victor Young) 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
The Waltons (TV episodes) (Jerry Goldsmith) 17%  17%  [ 13 ]
Helen of Troy (Max Steiner) 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
Spirit of St. Louis (Franz Waxman) 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 77
 Post subject: New Kickstarter Poll!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:40 am 

We're currently reviewing scores for a few options for our next Kickstarter, but we'd also like to take a new poll on possible projects. Note that this is just one data point among many that determines which projects move ahead, but it is helpful. Choose your one favorite option!

Post subject: Re: New Kickstarter Poll!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:06 pm 

The Rózsa, Goldsmith, Waxman and Steiner scores, and any combination thereof, should meet the goal. Dealer's choice with those.

Kings of the Sun already has a fairly decent recording. The Hallelujah Trail makes more sense.

A double bill of the Searle and Schumann scores would be a riskier, but most interesting endeavor.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:26 pm 

....of course Goldsmith is in the lead.

Too many great options there though to pick just one. Maybe a ranking would be better, that way you can get a feel for bit more of what people's second/third etc choices are.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 4:15 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 2:31 pm 

THE NIGHT OF THE HUNTER would definitely keep the golden age alive as many of us are still very much still active. Unfortunately you have eliminated JOAN OF ARC in the new poll. I hope this doesn’t portend THE NIGHT OF THE HUNTER will be the next to be eliminated. I used to spend hundreds of dollars each year at Intrada because I respected your love of film music of the golden age.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 4:26 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
ON DANGEROUS GROUND / THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH was terrific, so while I made my choice in this poll (yes, it's THE CHAIRMAN), I am likely to support most of these in one way or another.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 11:27 pm 

John Williams' "The Plainsman", "Sergeant Ryker", "The Rare Breed" and "Storia di una donna". Absolutely essential!!

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 9:37 am 

If I recall correctly, John Morgan, many years ago, had started to reconstruct 'The Night of the Hunter'. Then, in the last 7 years or so, James Fitzpatrick was planning to record it. Nothing happened in either case.

Much as I love Rozsa, and wouldn't mind the Steiner score, Walter Schumann's wonderful score gets my vote :D :) 8) :lol: There is so much Goldsmith and Rozsa available, this poll might be the last chance of getting this great score recorded.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:12 am 

Yup that was my thinking too, which is why I voted Night of the Hunter even though I want every single note Goldsmith ever wrote on album. :)

Yavar

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 12:09 pm 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 3:53 am 

Jerry Goldsmith!!!! The greatest film music composer of all time. my vote is for The Chairman although it would be a dream to hear their never-recorded soundtracks "Babe (1995)" and "The Kid"

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 11:26 am 

My vote goes to The Waltons (TV episodes) (Jerry Goldsmith). It hasn't been an easy choice, but I think there will be a lot of great music there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:54 pm 

When will a decision be announced ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:57 am 

Any ideas when the new kickstarter might launch? It's been a while...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]