[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - The Future of this forum

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Future of this forum
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:18 pm 

Brad Fiedel FRIGHT NIGHT II 1988 Vista Organization/Columbia
Sylvester Levay COBRA 1986 MGM/Cannon
Gary Chang 52 PICK-UP 1986 MGM/Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:18 am 

Would switching to a different message board backend maybe fix the IP block issue?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:24 am 

Giorgio, maybe you should update your signature! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:33 am 

To read last week of this forum's imminent demise was quite saddening. As Chris stated above, the Intrada message boards over the years have been a treasure trove of information; but also of sharing informed opinions, perceptions, and experiences about film music, its history, and the industry -- mostly without the atmosphere of snark and negativity so prominent on other sites. I too have noticed the diminished volume of contributions here over the past few years, even though I still check in almost daily, and despite my rarely ever opening a new discussion. But like some others, I have no intention of following the crowd for a future on Facebook.

It's a relief to learn that the issue now is not the financial drain I had first assumed. While I have no technical advice to offer, I have faith that a solution can be reached for the issue of access -- which has not affected me so far. An end to Intrada's soundtrack forum, by contrast, would be a loss to me immediately. If the decision is made to abandon it after all, I'll appreciate your having warned us, Roger. But those of us who retain more optimism than the times encourage will hope for the best.

Thanks, Doug and Roger; it's been great here. May it not really be over yet... even it has to become read-only.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:11 pm 

I agree that at least Doug’s write-ups must be preserved in some fashion. He has an impeccable way of describing music that is most competent and yet easy to understand. A true musician and film music historian.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:10 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:35 am 

me too,
i will never register on facebook, twitter etc., no way
and you can not read your offical news on these sites, when not registered, its a no go for me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:41 am 

I hope Intrada reconsiders - I will NEVER use FaceCrook. It is truly the evil of the Internet.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:36 am 

I, also, got that BLACKLIST treatment…
Very weird

Incidentally,
I’ve always seen new release posts here, never on Facebook.
While I’m on FB and read the Intrada Club thread there.
I always come here for new release data.

:roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:44 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:09 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:44 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:54 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:15 pm 

I agree, I will not use facebook either, ever, ever.
These small forums are much better

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:22 pm 

I do not do Facebook either...guess i won't be up to date on anything Intrada. :( please reconsider.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next