[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - A lifetime of collecting, wiped out...

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: A lifetime of collecting, wiped out...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:23 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:44 am 

Hopefully WSYX will upload it to their YouTube channel, because the link there won't let me in.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:18 pm 

I'm so sorry. I went through a very ugly divorce many years ago. My ex-wife was vindictive and although the court ordered her to return my possessions, including my cd collection, library, personal photo albums, laser discs and other collectibles, she refused the order and was found in contempt. She fled the state in order to avoid jail and apparently put my property into a storage facility. She refused to tell me where it was, and eventually stopped paying the fees, so in the end it was all liquidated. I moved on, and eventually got over the loss, but I wasn't facing the challenges you are. All I can offer is my sympathy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:43 am 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:25 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:35 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:10 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:33 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:35 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:03 am 

It's been a bit of a struggle trying to get the police to properly investigate. One day we're given reason to feel optimistic, next day it's as if we're just being patronized...

I don't know if I've mentioned this, about three weeks ago I began searching online, in a matter of minutes I located past auction listings of our 16mm films being sold out of Columbus, Ohio less than one month after being stolen. Each and every one being sold individually for hundreds of dollars each. It was bad, I couldn't look for but a few minutes, became too upset. With the help of a film collector in Florida we pinpointed the location through the background in the auction photos to a music store in Columbus, Ohio. This evidence was immediately sent to the police. From what we're being told, the place where our films were auctioned bought our possessions multiple times from the scum who stole everything. They in turn, auctioned it on eBay for thousands of dollars...

Apparently the break-in of our storage unit and theft of everything took place over a period of days, I believe in a two week time span. The reason I felt relatively comfortable with keeping our possessions at that place is because the unit was in a supposedly secure, climate controlled building behind heavy steel doors. Security cameras covering the place yet no video of the theft was saved by management.

I began raising complaints about the police sergeant supposedly investigating this thing. Calling the police chiefs office, mayor's office, attorney general, the works. Next day I receive an email from him stating the case has been reassigned to a new detective as he will soon be retiring. I noticed the email was sent to me as well as a police lieutenant and another detective. I then receive another email stating efforts are being made to recover what property the place that bought our possessions still have as well as requesting records of their online sa!es. We are currently waiting to see what comes of that...

victoravalentine@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:05 am 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:54 am 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:19 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:52 am 

I'm definitely suspecting the management of Public Storage of being involved. A lot of people I've corresponded with feel the same way. It's a vile, cowardly thing. I also suspect the owner of the music store of knowingly buying stolen merchandise. Everything was well cared for and organized. We had protective slip covers on all of our recordings. The CDs were protected with slip covers to avoid damaging the jewel cases. We had countless LPs and CDs that are worth hundreds of dollars each. My music collection was a huge source of personal pride. I'm sure my brother feels the same way. An entire lifetime of pursuing something good and important. Music, a form of communication and human interaction...

victoravalentine@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:49 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next