[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - A lifetime of collecting, wiped out...

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: A lifetime of collecting, wiped out...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:41 am 

To quote a certain dying android ”You have my sympathies”.

I can certainly feel the anguish and the miserable pain you must have felt not to mention the shock upon the discovery. That’s probably How I’d feel if I loose something sacred. You must also take legal action where possible to counter the non empathetic behaviour of the those custodians.

Keep looking for your items via eBay as you ought to recognise those items which might surface up.

In any case, I hope you find the courage to rebuild what you have lost.

Best of luck.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:42 am 

This is awful and yet not surprising given how most people are uncaring for others. Try to stay strong and always expect the worst.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:15 am 

The people at the place where this happened are giving conflicting dates when this occurred. Originally it was May 26. A police sergeant is digging around, they're telling him June 10. I'm making a lot of noise about it online. I cannot allow something like this to go unpunished. They are claiming I was contacted by phone and email last May 27. That's a lie, I was not contacted. Had I been I would have been back in Ohio within 24 hours. And why would they have contacted me in May when they're now claiming it happened in June?

I'm explaining to the police and news media that collecting music and film memorabilia is something we've devoted most of our entire lives to. It's what I've been doing since I was a kid. And now suddenly I find myself forced into thinking about it in the past tense instead of considering it something to look forward to in the future.

I keep telling people, it wasn't some quick, random break-in and theft of a few items, it was anything and everything of value either financial or sentimental. Nobody knew what we had stored in there other than us. I seriously feel that we were targeted and the theft happened over a period of days.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:16 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:44 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:34 pm 

Did an interview via Zoom with Steve Levin of WSYX 6 in Columbus earlier today. Hopefully when the story airs it will lead to something that will help Jerry and I understand how something like this could have happened...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:26 am 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:55 pm 

Fingers crossed here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:55 am 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:34 am 

Hearing a bit more information from the police that I can't share right now. The more I hear the more optimistic I become that we will at least find out who is responsible. I will say this, it wasn't just some random break-in...

I'm just rolling with what the police are doing right now. My brother and I are putting two and two together as it goes along...

Still waiting to hear back from the television station. Not sure what's going on with that. Hopefully they're digging into it a bit...

It's not only a crime that has effected my brother and I immeasurable and has ruined every thing we both planned and looked forward to in the future, it's also crime involving a substantial amount of money. And that, I would hope, gets the right people serious about it...

Guy at the television station asked if the collection was an investment to be used for retirement. I said no, the monetary value has never really even registered with me, it was much more than that, it was what we loved...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:59 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:18 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:14 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:57 am 

Police are on it bigtime. After a couple of weeks I was able to bring myself to start searching the internet. In a matter of minutes I located a big piece of evidence that I forwarded to detectives. The location has been identified. The police are keeping it to themselves right now but have indicated there is a suspect. My brother and I believe it's obviously more than one person.

Criminal charges will be brought. The creeps responsible will face a lifetime of regret...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:14 pm 

Great news! I wish the police will put faces and names to those thieves soon.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next