[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Intrada Announces Miklós Rózsa's JULIUS CAESAR

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Intrada Announces Miklós Rózsa's JULIUS CAESAR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:59 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

JULIUS CAESAR
Music Composed by Miklós Rózsa
Conducted by BRUCE BROUGHTON
SINFONIA OF LONDON
INT 7165

As part of its ongoing digital series of releases, Intrada has now fully remastered its 1995 recording of Miklós Rózsa's Julius Caesar, performed brilliantly by the Sinfonia of London at Air Studios in London. From the thundering "Overture," the regal "Caesar's Procession," the skittering, malevolent "The Scolding Winds," the treacherous "They Murder Caesar" and the lonely horns calling in "Brutus' Camp," Rózsa composed a stunning work that stands as one of his most fitting and complex. It is the story of Caesar's downfall in pure musical terms.

As Rozsa himself affirms his approach: “If Julius Caesar had been merely an historical film about Caesar, I might have attempted the use of period music. However, it was much more than that. It is a Shakespearean tragedy and with its superb language a mirror of the times in which it was written, the age of Elizabeth. And it is the language which dictates its style." The music is dark, brooding and tragic, spotlighted at various intervals with bright bursts of Roman splendor, meticulously crafted in terms of musical structure.

Remastered in 24-bit, the resultant master is richer in detail than the original release. As with previous Excalibur digital releases, this release will be available digitally as well as on CD for a limited time. The CD will be available until October 15th, 2021, as a precursor to the digital album's release.

Shakespeare set his story in the Rome of 44 B.C., at a time when the city was not only rich with the spoils of the Roman Empire but rife with political dissension, much of it brought on by Caesar’s appointment of himself as a dictator. Mark Antony remains loyal to Caesar, but Brutus is torn between friendship and fear that Caesar will suppress democracy. Brutus becomes part of a plot to assassinate Caesar, a plot initiated by the ambitious Cassius, but demands that Mark Antony be spared. It is a story of the corruption of power, of friends, betrayals, and the most tragic of ends.

INTRADA INT 7165
Barcode: 7 20258 71650 7
Retail Price: $19.99
Starts shipping 8/24
For track listing and sound samples, please visit http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.12420/.f

Post subject: Re: Intrada Announces Miklós Rózsa's JULIUS CAESAR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:19 pm 

No mention of the three new tracks?

Damn, might have to get this now.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:22 pm 

The samples are marvelous. But since criticism is what's hot these days, I'll be sure to point out the tiniest flaw and scold you guys about how garbage this album is. It's only fair for you providing years of great entertainment.

Wait, I found one. Jane Emmanuel was never on The Sopranos! :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:29 pm 

I mentioned this on FSM, but is the track Caesar, Now Be Still actually 9:12 now or is it a typo? The original album it's 8:56.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:39 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:44 pm 

So on the FSM forum, master6689 brought this up:

When I go to play the sample clips on Intrada's site, on every track there is an audible, albeit faint, glitch/'click' sound that occurs in the background once every second on every track. Can anyone else please let me know whether they are encountering this? I've just downloaded and played through several other albums' sample clips from Intrada's site before and after Julius Caesar without issue and I'm not hearing this anywhere else so I don't believe it's a hardware issue on my end (maybe just a bad download of the clips though I tried deleting and redownloading several times). I'm assuming this is not present on the actual album/CD, but would anyone please confirm? I'm very interested in getting the CD as I don't have the previous version, but I'm concerned if this glitch is present in the recording. Thank you.

I listened to this myself and indeed, the clicks are there. They sound to me like a bad CD rip, and for sure aren't on the original CD.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:25 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:16 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:37 am 

Thank you, Roger for the follow-up and thank you, TerraEpon, for posting here! I should have come here first, but honestly forgot that I had created a forum account here some years ago.

Hopefully it is a minor issue. I mentioned in my follow-up post on the FSM forum that it sounds like a really great recording, and I've really enjoyed the other Excalibur series CDs I've purchased over the years.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:42 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:31 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:44 pm 

Is it the same Miklos Rozsa who did music for "Ben-Hur"-https://musescore.com/user/1933156/scores/4792985?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:15 am 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:07 am 

Still reviewing the clicking issue. We can certainly hear the clicks, but diagnosing the source to address. Taking a little bit of time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:49 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next