[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Hi Doug - Morton Stevens

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hi Doug - Morton Stevens
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:24 am 

Hello Doug,

Would you / could you do a Morton Stevens release?

I was just listening to the fantastic MASADA set and I
just wanted to ask - thanks!

Post subject: Re: Hi Doug - Morton Stevens
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:08 pm 

Whatever happened with the Hawaii Five-O situation, regarding the theme dispute?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:56 am 

I'm really hoping Doug or Roger will chime in with some info.

It would be most appreciated!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:48 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:04 am 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:38 am 

His miniseries score Wheels from Universal TV with Rock Hudson would be a great release.... :D

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

Last edited by chriss on Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:47 pm 

You are just egging me on - WHEELS is top Stevens for me.

Another good one is FUGITIVE FAMILY (1980) starring Richard Crenna and Diane Baker.

Truly wonderful stuff and just crying out for release!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:40 pm 

MRAUDIO, did you know Morton Stevens personally? Just curious.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:27 pm 

I would love a disc (or two) of his scoring for 87th Precinct. If a single disc it could be like a reverse of FSM's Cain's Hundred album which had four Goldsmith scores and one Stevens to fill it out: On this series Jerry Goldsmith contributed one wonderful score, which would certainly help to sell the album! If a two disc set, the Pete Rugolo score could also be included. (Stevens scored all remaining episodes of the show besides those two, I am pretty sure.)

Yavar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:13 am 

Well, I do hope the aforementioned Wheels gets an album. It's loaded with wonderful music. Lots of less appreciated scores are now being released from Universal's vaults, so sales appeal does not seem to be too critical of a factor with that studio. A release of Stevens' work shouldn't have to be necessitated by the accompaniment of a more popular composer like Goldsmith.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:11 pm 

Shouldn’t have to be, but it helps nevertheless. Just the facts. People like Jeff Bond have repeatedly said so. There are folks who bought that 4 CD Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea set for the extra five minutes of Goldsmith alone. I of course bought it for Goldsmith and Stevens (albeit Leith not Morton...alas the latter’s sole Voyage score was season 1 and therefore apparently lost).

Yavar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:02 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:58 am 

Morton Stevens is quite underrepresented for public music consumption. I would imagine it is that unfortunate combination of interest + licensing + availability + cost. Someone had said that he had did the arrangements on Jerry Goldsmith's original concert "Television Suite." If this is true, then pay attention to the BARNABY JONES rendition in that cue and listen to the Stevens Theme for the 1976 "Spencer's Pilots." I believe there is a strong rhythmic kinship to be found.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:33 am 

I really hope Intrada can look into his miniseries score Wheels at Universal...

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]