[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Coming Jan 12th

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Coming Jan 12th
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:14 pm 

Happy New Year! I know it's way early to reveal the first title of 2021, but we figured we'd do this to kick the year off quickly! Let's leave 2020 behind and here's to a great new year!

Post subject: Re: Coming Jan 12th
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:07 pm 

Nice! This soundtrack has quite an avid fanbase.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:12 pm 

First ever expansion of a Carter Burwell score — very exciting!

I don’t know this one but I love Burwell and am excited to check out the samples as I’ve heard good things. My most wanted Burwell expansion is Conspiracy Theory. Maybe if this one sells well that one can be considered in the future...

Yavar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:02 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:31 pm 

Thanks Yavar for the requisite "gee that's nice but what I really want is..." Jesus....

Anyway VERY happy for this at last, excellent oddball score by Burwell.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:10 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:12 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:48 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:54 pm 

Ok...sorry Roger. You know I love Intrada and appreciate your work. I didn’t mean to come across as dismissive of this no-doubt fine release in any way. I’m simply not familiar with the score and don’t have sound clips to react to yet.

Yavar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:49 pm 

Finally!!! One of my current top grails. A very unique score that I have been waiting on CD for a long time.

I also loved how Intrada managed to slightly reframe the cover. The movie poster was tricky to frame in a square format, with the house having to be cut out if you kept the focus on Norman. On this cover they managed to move Norman’s image up thus keeping the house in sight.

Last edited by danbeck on Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:04 pm 

Thumbs up on this one!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:54 pm 

You have made my year. Thank you!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:57 am 

Great! Is it an expansion of the original MCA album, or does it only contain the 30 minutes of the LP program (songs included)? In any case, a most welcome release :D

Apart from that, what an amazing cover!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:20 am 

According to an interview that Carter Burwell did over the summer, the score will be expanded. He even mentioned two CDs. Can’t wait to see the track listing this week!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:29 am 

My gratitude to Intrada is endless. Burwell’s intricate and deeply engrossing score for Psycho III has been my last “oh please, oh please” title on my expansion wish list for many years. Considering that Psycho II remains my favorite score of all time, back in 86 I woulda thought I would have hated the score to III because it is so unlike anything in II in tone, style...everything. Instead, I was mesmerized and haunted by it from the moment the main title music kicked in. And it began my 35-year (and counting) devotion to Carter Burwell’s music which I continue to believe is underappreciated. This new album is a landmark in preserving such a critical section of his legacy.

At last to hear all that amazing music that has been previously unreleased. I cannot begin to describe the level of my excitement.

Again, many many thanks to you, Intrada. Considering his appreciation for Burwell’s score, I think if Tony Perkins were alive today, he would be delighted about this!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next