[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Dimitri Tiomkin's DIAL M FOR MURDER

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Dimitri Tiomkin's DIAL M FOR MURDER
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:01 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

DIAL M FOR MURDER
Music by DIMITRI TIOMKIN
Conducted by WILLIAM STROMBERG
ROYAL SCOTTISH NATIONAL ORCHESTRA
INTRADA INT 7157

In the fall of 2018, Intrada launched its first Kickstarter campaign in the hopes of finding a new model in which to support the Rolls Royce of film music releases – the complete restoration and recording of a classic film score. Intrada selected a popular and well-respected Alfred Hitchcock film for this foray into crowd sourcing, the 1954 Warner Bros. film Dial M for Murder. After months of intricate restoration work by Anna Stromberg, the production team congregated in Glasgow in the brand new recording studio of the Royal Scottish National Orchestra. The excellent orchestra was up to the challenge of composer DImitri Tiomkin's challenging notes, and conductor William Stromberg deftly channeled the style of the composer, bringing to life what the original sessions recording must have been like.

Since the story is essentially a one-room drama, Tiomkin's score provided some scope while underlining the tension as Margot Wendice's (Grace Kelly) life falls apart when first she is the victim of attempted murder and then framed for murder when the murder goes awry and the murderer becomes the victim. All so that Ray Milland's greedy, slithery Tony could inherit Margo's wealth and assuage his jealousy of Margot's friendship/romance with Robert Cummings' Mark Halliday. At one point Tiomkin's music evokes the sense of a great ticking clock during the murder sequence, not unlike his High Noon clock device.

With Simon Rhodes behind the console to record and mix the recording, this new recording of Dial M is perhaps one of the finest recordings in the Intrada Excalibur Collection. Included on this new album is music never heard before, including music that was dialed out of the finished film, an alternate intermission card, the original main title, and "Dial M for Me," an arrangement of the film's love theme in a lush, big band style.

For those who supported the Kickstarter campaign to bring this project to life, Intrada is extremely grateful. Special thanks to Pat Russ and Olivia Tiomkin for their gracious support and attending the sessions. Since the original soundtrack recording is long lost, Intrada along with its supporters has brought Tiomkin's passionate and tense score back to life for generations to come to study and enjoy.

INTRADA INT 7157
Barcode: 720258715708
Retail Price: $21.99
SHIPPING 12/20
For track listing and sound samples, please visit http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.11805/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Dimitri Tiomkin's DIAL M FOR MURDER
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:50 pm 

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Cannot wait to get my Tiomkin on, held out from clips to hear the real deal.

Bravo on a successful endeavor!

Last edited by GoblinScore on Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:09 pm 

Congratulations on this release. I know a lot of hard work went into it. Here’s hoping it’s a huge success.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:59 pm 

Dial M for Marvellous.

Those sound clips say it all.

Everyone involved in this project including the crowd funders should be extremely proud.
Can't wait to hear this in full & hopefully this will lead to further projects.

Now before I go back & tease myself with more of those samples, I would like to wish the ladies & gentlemen at Intrada and to soundtrack collector's all around the world
A very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.
Bring on 2020.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:44 am 

Looks like a great CD! Thanks to all at the Intrada team! I hope to get my copy very soon. 8)

I hope everyone will buy this CD so that this series will continue.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:01 pm 

Mine arrived today and it passes the ultimate test--it sounds like Tiomkin, not something always achieved in the past. About a third of the way in I forgot I wasn't listening to the original soundtrack. Terrific job, everyone involved.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:54 am 

Got my copy today in Blighty. I will play it when I have my 3rd Turkey Diner of the week in about an hour. Any idea yet of what will be the next release to follow ?.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:34 am 

Congratulations Doug, Roger & Intrada.
On your IFMCA award for BEST NEW ARCHIVAL RELEASE – RE-RELEASE OR RE-RECORDING for Dial-M.
All the hard work really paid off :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:31 pm 

Enjoying this again tonight, thought I'd reiterate kudos on this stellar work. Beautiful recording by Simon Rhodes - after some Horner recordings I wasn't too crazy about, sonically, this work confirms he has the chops!

So, when's the next endeavor? Wallet ready!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]