[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Joel McNeely's IRON WILL

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Joel McNeely's IRON WILL
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:01 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

IRON WILL
Music Composed and Conducted by JOEL McNEELY
INTRADA ISC 427

Iron Will was my very first opportunity
to score a big studio movie. A palette so large I could never have dreamed it.
— Joel McNeely

Intrada's latest release features Joel McNeely's stunning adventure score to the 1994 Walt Disney film Iron Will. The album released at the time of the film's theatrical run contained about 30 minutes of McNeely's score. This new release more than doubles that length, expanding upon the original program and creating a richer, more varied experience of this epic score. Consisting of powerful themes and outdoor symphonic splendor, Iron Will is a passionate work the likes of which one rarely hears in today's motion pictures.

The score is anchored around a four-note whistle motif, a key element that threads its way through the story. In early scenes, father Jack Stoneman (John Terry) uses this tune to spur his sled dogs to action, usually with the aid of a small hand-carved pipe. When Stoneman dies in a freak sledding accident, his son, Will (Mackenzie Astin), takes up the pipe and the tune—relying on it to communicate with lead dog Gus. Will leaves his mother (Penelope Windust) and sets out for Winnipeg to enter a race, hoping to use the prize money to attend college and save the family farm. Will's fortunes rise and fall over the long trek, and he encounters many dangers and near disasters. Yet in spite of numerous challenges, Will becomes a folk hero—and his four-note tune becomes part of the legend, for when he falters just before the finish line, Will is roused to victory by the unison whistling of the crowd.

For Joel McNeely, Iron Will was the start of an enduring relationship with the studio. He later scored Squanto: A Warrior’s Tale, Jungle Book 2: Mowgli’s Reunion, Peter Pan 2: Return to Never Land, Cinderella 3, and numerous entries in the popular Tinker Bell franchise. For the rest of the world, everyone started receiving McNeely's gift for warm, spirited and often soaring music, of which Iron Will is a testament.

INTRADA ISC 427
Barcode: 720258542700
Retail Price: $21.99
SHIPPING 4/25
For track listing and sound samples, please visit http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.11842/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Joel McNeely's IRON WILL
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:34 pm 

Fantastic! This is the type of release I love, full score, source extras.....certainly never expected this one but for sure I'll be picking it up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:57 pm 

This is just beyond amazing!
One of my grails from the top of my wishlist...
Huge thanks to everyone involved!

Fingers crossed THE INVISIBLE will be coming one day as well - not to mention all those remaining Tinkerbell scores... but in the meantime, this should do just fine and already picked up :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:24 pm 

Thank you very much Intrada for this releases. A very special movie for me with a soundtrack that I like a lot since 1994.
25 years... it's worth being patient to appreciate now all the missing cues!!!
I will continue to be patient until maybe WILLOW, one of my favorites scores of all time will be released one day...

Just want to thank you again for the 30% sale!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:53 pm 

The best Joel McNeely score at last on CD (and probably one of the best live action scores produced by Disney along with Rocketeer and Judge Dredd).
The 30 min Varese CD was a cool thing, but the complete score is beyond masterpiece. Rousing, moving, hyper melodic, full of various indentifiable themes, with frenetic gorgeous thematic action. No heart can survive to this incredible musical race. Thanks Intrada for making my more than 20 years dream come true !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:13 am 

When it comes to Disney / Intrada, you just can't beat putting scores like this in the shopping cart.
Huge thanks to all involved & keep those treasures coming.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:48 am 

Hey, I registered 2 days ago, and this happens! Mind if I create 15723 other accounts so that we can have more awesome stuff? :mrgreen: but thanks anyways, I loved the movie and its soundtrack when I still had to rewind the VHS cassette each time I wanted to rewatch it, and it's great to be able to experience that again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:13 am 

This is a terrific score, indeed. Certainly worth picking up. Thanks, Intrada.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:38 am 

Ordered! Intrada is off to another Great year of releases.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:19 am 

Very excited for this release! Thank you, Intrada, for fighting the good fight!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:24 am 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:40 pm 

Let me just add that the remastering in the clips sounds phenomenal compared with the original release. Far greater clarity and detail in the orchestra. Can't wait to hear it in its full glory.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:14 pm 

I'm not familiar with the movie nor soundtrack but I just listened to the clips and I'm excited to hear the whole thing on a proper set of speakers or headphones. Sounds fantastic.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:53 am 

It really is fantastic! Been listening nonstop since it arrived yesterday. There is so much more to this score than was revealed in the Varese cd (I never did see the film). Kudos to Intrada for making this happen.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:33 pm 

Playing it again tonight. What a fun score!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next