[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - That Unreleased Cue

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: That Unreleased Cue
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:57 pm 

Here's a new one. Again a cheat, since none of this has been released before...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlhey4zk6lh77 ... 0.mp3?dl=0

UPDATE: I've deleted this one since we released a new recording of THE MAN.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:47 pm 

I know this well, having had it in my collection for a long time. (The film, not the excellent score -- which as Roger said, has never been released.) For the sake of fairness, I won't spill it so some guessing can go on. There's probably only one other member here who will recognize this material immediately; but I'm curious to see how well other people like it.

It's from a picture that premiered during an American election year and took an unusually long road to reaching television.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:36 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:48 am 

Dear Roger, if tapes for this great (albeit brief) score are ever found, I hope you will consider letting me revise and contribute my track-by-track “advance liner notes” pro bono for inclusion in the booklet. I love this score as you can tell:
https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/ ... &archive=0

(BTW the complete film is still up on YouTube all these years later, if anyone wants to watch it and follow along with my notes linked above.)

Come to think of it, this is a very short score with a smaller orchestra than that Main Title gives an impression of...so even if tapes no longer survive to be found, I think this would be a prime candidate for a short “bonus” to be included on a re-recording of other “lost” Goldsmith score(s).

Heck Roger, if you went ahead with the generous twofer re-recording idea of Jerry’s first two western scores, Black Patch and Face of a Fugitive, since each of those is just over half an hour, there could and should still be room to fit The Man at <14 minutes (hey it’s not a western but it’s certainly Americana, with strong Copland influence) complete at the end. Now I’m not suggesting Intrada go to the extra expense of adding it to the project...but it would make a GREAT “stretch goal” when Intrada gets past the “coronavirus crunch” and decides to try another Kickstarter campaign. Three superb dramatic orchestral feature Goldsmith premieres on a single packed re-recording album could weather these tough times more than most potential albums would, I think. Okay, here ends my predictable plea. :)

Yavar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:17 am 

Here's a new one left off the album. Of course about half the score was left off the album. Lots of dialogue here, but I was captivated by the French horn writing. https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3vwjthzp1zt1 ... 1.mp3?dl=0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:25 am 

Sounds a bit Horner-esque. But no idea...

What about this one? Not a single second has ever been released commercially...
http://lokutusost.ufouni.cz/dxxx.mp3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:13 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:52 am 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:31 am 

".Morton"
ONCE UPON.A TIME IN THE WEST

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/4189-THE-BEST-SOUNDTRACKS-OF-THE-DECADE.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujMSjXiRpOI

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:23 pm 

It sounds like "The Dark Half." I love that Christopher Young score.

Chris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:04 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:50 am 

So half the score was left off The Dark Half? :)

I take it Varese controls in perpetuity or you would have already tackled an expansion, Roger.

I too love Chris Young’s French horn writing. My favorite is Judicial Consent — thanks to Intrada for releasing that, and if there’s any more good unreleased score from that one I’d definitely buy it.

Yavar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:39 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:36 pm 

Here is your answer :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylLgYQIxtSs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:57 am 

Here's another one breaking my own rules -- by a popular composer but not a single note released. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ard10psremh5c ... 2.mp3?dl=0

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next