[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Possible Future Recordings

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

What score would you like to get a brand new recording?
Jungle Book 18%  18%  [ 68 ]
Suspicion 6%  6%  [ 21 ]
The Man Who Knew Too Much 14%  14%  [ 54 ]
Face of a Fugitive/Black Patch 20%  20%  [ 76 ]
Strangers on a Train 9%  9%  [ 32 ]
The Haunting 12%  12%  [ 43 ]
Joan of Arc 13%  13%  [ 47 ]
Brute Force 9%  9%  [ 32 ]
Total votes : 373
 Post subject: Re: Possible Future Recordings
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:49 pm 

1) ON DANGEROUS GROUND (Bernard Herrmann)
2) JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH (Bernard Herrmann)
3) THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Miklos Rozsa)
4) THE GHOST AND MRS MUIR (Bernard Herrmann)
5) PLANET OF THE APES (Jerry Goldsmith)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:52 pm 

Jungle Book all the way for me.

Simply a terrific score and I'd certainly would pledge a fair bit for this one.
Would have thought, although might just be wishful thinking, that it would gather more support and more traction than Dial M. Although whether enough to cover the increased cost.......

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:50 pm 

Hey Roger
Really happy for you and happy to contribute. You should think about your legacy, running a successful label over 30 years. I think each future project will be more difficult to fund. No offense to JG but It should be Jungle Book not a score to an obscure film. I would contribute double for Jungle Book. Especially if Mr. Stromberg conducts. So happy to see him return!
Chris

Seeing the above post I'm good with On Dangerous Ground!

Last edited by Chris Coyle on Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:50 pm 

I was just about to post re On Dangerous Ground... but I'll at least add THAT HAMILTON WOMAN, LOST HORIZON and NOW VOYAGER to the list.

I guess something like HELEN OF TROY would be VERY expensive.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:23 pm 

It's Rozsa way above anyone else for me. Unfortunately the poll splits the Rozsa vote but my choice would be BRUTE FORCE over JUNGLE BOOK. The frenetic prison breakout music would certainly be a great challenge for the Slovak Orchestra! I'd also add DOUBLE LIFE; it's appalling that Rozsa's Oscar winning score has received such scant attention. Other than any Rozsa score, Herrmann and Tiomkin would also get my support.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:29 pm 

One question I have about Brute Force in particular -- there was a European "grey label" album release of 22 minutes of the original recording of that. So is it really safe to assume that the original recording is lost, and couldn't be licensed from Universal? I'm with you in thinking Rozsa's second Oscar-winner, A Double Life, should probably be the highest priority for a new Rozsa recording because it seems otherwise completely lost and has only been covered very slightly on compilations.

EDIT: Going by soundtrackcollector.com, 22 minutes of Brute Force released by Tsunami (I'm guessing sourced from the Citadel Records LP), but 28 minutes on Soundtrack Library! So who has those original tapes now is the question for me on that score, and could a nice-sounding well-mastered official premiere release be licensed from Universal? They seem like the one studio that hasn't been "tapped" yet in terms of Rozsa recording assets. MGM/Warner Bros./Paramount holdings have been fairly throughly tackled (by Lukas Kendall more than anyone) on both FSM and Intrada labels.

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/titl ... rute+Force

Yavar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:13 pm 

First up, Night of the Hunter, then Jungle Book.

All the scores listed have merit.

By the way, a wonderful Prometheus re-recording of Dr. Rozsa's The Thief of Bagdad, came out a while back, but I haven't seen any reviews or articles about it. It certainly deserves attention.

Night of the Hunter, has been largely ignored, as far as I can tell, except for a CD release of the LP with narration, but it has some exceptional music. Casting the voices would have to be done carefully. (I was very pleased with the singers on the Prometheus 2-CD set of Thief of Bagdad -- so much better than the Elmer Bernstein recording.)

:( Now I see it never made the cut, more people might be fans if they heard it, but so it goes.

Jungle Book has fared better, of course, but nothing like a complete recording exists, as far as I know.

davis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:30 pm 

I voted for Jungle Book, Suspicion, Strangers on a Train (I am not among the Tiomkin haters), I would contribute to any/all of those.
I would also like to have Brute Force and maybe Joan of Arc (but I could only vote for 3). The others I would probably contribute to but they aren't necessarily ones I would buy outside of a funding program like Kickstarter...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:35 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:54 pm 

1. Face of a Fugitive/Black Patch
2. The Haunting (1994)

I am bias.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:12 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:50 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:07 pm 

Black Patch and Face of a Fugitive would be amazing to have in our collections. :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:10 pm 

I'm beyond disappointed that The Haunting (1963) is not getting more love in this poll. It's my second favorite film of all time and I have always wanted to have that beautiful, chilling score recorded by someone. I've even directed the play version of it before and I had to cull music from other horror films for ambiance and background because no soundtrack exists. But putting Humphrey Searle up against Herrmann, Goldsmith, et al is always going to produce predictable results. I hope when some of these most-wanted picks get taken care of, The Haunting will have its day in the sun.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:03 pm 

Black Patch / Face of a Fugitive. Of course.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next